Thread: Documentary on guys rafting the Yukon

Default Documentary on guys rafting the Yukon

I guess they technically floated the entire river on a home made boat for 6 months. And made some documentary a few years back on Discovery or something. It was really great.

Anyway, Ive been looking for the title of that documentary for a year or so and want to watch it again. Any help would be appreciated.

Default National Geographic's Yukon Passage

I think this might be what your thinking about . Try a search on National Geo I think Amazon might have it . Hope this helps

Default let us know

If you find it please let us know. I've never seen it and it sounds interesting.

I remember seeing that, a few years ago. Can't remember much about the boats, but it seems like I remember large freighter canoes. I do remember they were fighting ice the last part of their journey.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

Default Yukon Passage

I have it, it was okay. They start at Skagway and retrace the gold rush trail. They built a large raft with a cabin and took it close to Ruby and waited for freeze up. Built a cabin and waited for the river to freeze, they flew in dogs and a native guide and took dogs sleds out to a village farther downriver. If you live near North Pole you can borrow it. VHS only

Steve

You could try Amazon with that title. The Fairbanks Library has a few Geographic video's and might have that one....Louis

Default buck

so when you going to do this trip and offer us another great video buck?

Default Check your local libray!!!!!!

I rented it from Kenai Library few months back--also read the book.

The author wrote a journal during the first trip down. They did it over two summers, disasembling the raft and storing in Dawson for the winter on the first trip. During that winter, they got sponsorship through Nat'l Geo and completed the trip the following year. The article was in Nat'l Geo and was popular enough I guess that they re-did the entire trip with a video crew to make the movie.

Book is way better than the video, but the video was interesting after reading the book.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.