Thread: Boat Use

Default Boat Use

I have a job opportunity in AK that I am considering (currently live in OK). I have a bass boat and was wondering if there would be any use for it in AK. If I make the move, I will be living in the Anchorage area, perhaps Eagle River or even further north. Is there any lake fishing that would utilize a bass rig? I figure I'd probably get rid of the boat before moving but didn't want to get there and find that I could have used it.

Thanks for any input.

It would be usable on some of the lakes, but a riverboat or ocean boat would be far more useful. I think it would make more sense to sell the boat before moving and buy something more Alaska-specific once you arrive here.

Default Sell her

No doubt about it.

Yea, what they said.

Where in OK?

Former Okie.

Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I was afraid of. I just bought the boat a couple of months ago and actually only picked it up last week while waiting for some title issues to be resolved. During that time, this job opportunity came up.

skydiver: I'm in Bixby (just outside of Tulsa for the non-Okies). How long you been in AK?

Default I take it your driving?

You might consider posting it for sale in some of the states you are driving through as you might bring better money. I used to live up in Ketchum and just outside vinita. I drove up two summers ago.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by duckman4ou View Post
    Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I was afraid of. I just bought the boat a couple of months ago and actually only picked it up last week while waiting for some title issues to be resolved. During that time, this job opportunity came up.

skydiver: I'm in Bixby (just outside of Tulsa for the non-Okies). How long you been in AK?
    Henryetta and then Tulsa (then lots of other places since then). Been in AK for 10 years. My only regret is that I didn't come here sooner.

an 16foot lowel flat bottom with 35 hp jet is about the best boat you can get for the bulk of freshwater alaska imo
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.