Thread: L@@k--> Ice Fishing December 1st Invite!!!

Default L@@k--> Ice Fishing December 1st Invite!!!

Any men out there who are interested in joining our men's group for some ice fishing?

I'll post details if questions are asked or... you could feel free to PM me.
    Lurker.

I forgot to mention that novice fishmen and experienced fishermen are welcome!

My husband went out today and it looks like there is about 24 inches of ice on Chena Lakes. They caught smaller fish, but they are interested in going further out onto the lake. Our men's group (from our church) will be taking teens and children as well... so your kidlets are definitely welcome!

As a side note... the 7 year old son fell into one of the ice holes today and has been our source of entertainment all day because of it.
    Lurker.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    I

As a side note... the 7 year old son fell into one of the ice holes today and has been our source of entertainment all day because of it.
    You sound like you're taking too much glee in this. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    You sound like you're taking too much glee in this. lol
    It's actually pretty funny to me... but he's still wanting to go out next week.
    Talk to me about that fish smell in my Rover... now that's something that's not so funny whatsoever.
    Good thing he put his jeans over his sleepwear this morning or else he would have only had his boxer briefs on all afternoon.
    He's a good sport. I can't help it!
    Lurker.

Default where do you fish

Where do you guys fish, I live in north pole, but I usually go down to quartz lake for better fishing, or sometimes birch with the kids. My 3 yr old daughter caught her first fish by herself this summer, and she loves to icefish so I am thinking about taking her. My son is 1 1/2 and hasn't been yet, and my eight year old girl is a veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by akfishfool View Post
    Where do you guys fish, I live in north pole, but I usually go down to quartz lake for better fishing, or sometimes birch with the kids. My 3 yr old daughter caught her first fish by herself this summer, and she loves to icefish so I am thinking about taking her. My son is 1 1/2 and hasn't been yet, and my eight year old girl is a veteran.
    Originally, our men's group was open to going to Birch, Quartz, or Chena... but I just rented the last ice shack today for Chena Lakes... so it looks as if this is where they will be going.
    We also have 2 other ice shacks (pop up ones) and 2 ice augers.
    Our 8 and 7 year olds will be there and we will have snowmachines out for the kids to take sled rides on the back of... so feel free to bring your kidlets if you would like.

Our men's group is having a meet up in North Pole (on about the Rich and Santa Clause Ln) around 9am. If you want, I could give you my husband's cell phone number for more information.
    Lurker.

Default going hunting

I just found out my buddy can go hunting after all, so it looks like we will be going after caribou this weekend instead. Thanks for the invite it sounds like fun. Let me know when they are going again.

Sounds good. I sure will!
    They usually have something every other month. I think that something with archery might be next.
    Thanks for responding as well!
    Lurker.

Default ICE

can the chena river b fished?

Default contact

hello? tryn ta find a good place 2 ice fish makes me miss Wisconsin

Default Chena Lake

Chena Lake: Its been my experience to catch many fish in the lake just about anywhere. All of them about 10 inches or smaller. There seems to be a large deposit of kryptonite in the lake that prevents me from using my powers.

Try Grayling Lake if you want to catch bigger fish.

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
    hello? tryn ta find a good place 2 ice fish makes me miss Wisconsin
    Sorry. I don't have consistent internet connectivity, so when I make it online... I usually try my best to cover all my bases including my threads.

Chena River is not complete frozen in all areas, so you will need to be watchful.

We chose Chena Lakes because it's an okay location, but good for novice ice fishermen and children.

If you are interested in joining, our men will be in Ice Shack #2. We also have a couple of pop up shacks, snow mobiles (machines), and children will be there, too.

If you are interested in meeting for Breakfast, find our group at Dalman's Family Restaurant at 9am. My husband set it up and just let him know that you are from the Outdoors Directory boards.

I hope that helps!
    Lurker.

Thanks to those that made it...
    We had 14 people show up!
    Lurker.