Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What ATV do you have?

Post What ATV do you have?

I'm just making a thread to see which atv manufactures are popular and reasons why you like them.

I own a Polaris, an Arctic Cat and a Nodwell. I have owned Yamaha's in the past. As I get older the brand matters less than the ride quality. If I break it I can afford to pay someone to fix it. My back costs considerably more to fix.

ROKON
    AND MY PRIDE AND JOY PINZGAUER THAT TOOK 1ST PLACE IN PARADE OF LIGHTS LAST NIGHT IN KENAI
    PINZ IN HWY LEGAL AND FUN ON AND OFF ROAD
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default nice ride!

Nimrod, have you no shame? dressing up that poor Pinz like that. Like putting a pink tutu on a rottweiler! you better post some good mudder pics to repair it's rep!

Default Yamaha Kodiak 400

I ride a Yamaha kodiak 400 4x4 with Independent rear suspension, man is it smooth. I really like the features it has, auto tranny, push button 4x4 and all. The seat is contoured very well. It always starts on the first push of the button and I have had 0 problems with it. I really enjoy this quad.

1988 Honda Foreman Four Trax 350D. From the beaches of Mexico to 12,500' Black Bear Pass, Colorado, it's never let me down.

Honda Rincon. I like the power, the ride is great, and it is a Honda.

All Honda....02' 450 ES,91' 300 4x4,06' CRF 450 R dualsported and an 83' xl 600.

I really like my atv's (who doesn't?). I put them to the extreme year around. Mine:

'07 Suzuki King Quad 450 w/ 26" Mudlites
    '07 Can-Am Outlander 800 XT w/27" Outlaw tires (do-it-all machine)

I got my hunting and playing covered with both of these machines.

Default love mine

I have a 2006 Honda Rubicon, 26'' mudlight XTR, used it this year for moose hunting, no problems, hauled out 3/4 of a moose plus gear for a week, 60 miles round trip without a hicup. I also have a 1995 Suzuki King Quad (old school) It has 4,300 miles, still runs well, has 25'' Kenda Bear Claws. This machine never lets me down, always starts, it has never left me stranded, rough riding and underpowred compared to whats available today.

Default wheelers

Polaris 6x6, wifes machine, goes almost anywhere and rides like a cadillac.
    Yamaha grizzly, lots of power and very little maintenance required.
    Honda 185 three wheeler, tons of fun and like a timex...it keeps on ticking.
    BK

I own an '04 Honda ForemanES 4x4 and the wife owns an '04 Honda RancherES 4x4, wouldn't own anything else............except for maybe a SuperCub!!!

A 2003 and 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 twins.
    Great machines, wouldn't trade them.

Told told Mrs. Santa that I wanted a Super Cub.
    She just laughed and walked off. Hmmmmm.
    I'm going to take that as a no.

Default Hydrotraxx.

I have a Hydrotraxx. Hydrostatic steering, hydraulic motors (no chains), 28" Hylifter Outlaws. I can float two guys, a moose, and camp gear. I've hauled two guys, camp gear, 1 and a half moose, and tow a trailer. Machine weighs less than the dreaded 1500 # mark.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yamaha Grizzly 660 and Yamaha Grizzly 700. Have owned in the past a Kawasaki 400 Bayou and an Arctic Cat 500 auto. Love the Grizzlies and the 700 in particular.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

2006 & 2007 Suzuki King Quad 700's, one mostly stock, one mostly not. Had sport quads way back in the day when i lived in Calywack, and Arizona, got a Honda 450ES after I had been here a few years, but it recently went bye, bye for one of the King Quads, it had finaly had enough miles and a hard enough life (was my father-in-laws villiage transportation in Bethel, Napaskiak, and Aleknagik) that it was getting to be Un-reliable........... not something you normaly hear about a Honda. However, like I said, it had a rough life, poor to no maintenance, and at least 5000 miles on it. Drive train was still ok, but electronic sift was on the fritz, rear brake hopelessly corroded and frozen from beach riding, and starter trouble. That thing was really a testement to Honda engineering, as I am pretty sure it had never even had an oil change in its first 5 years of life, and even if it did, I know for a fact that I was the first one to change the filter, change out front and read diff fluid etc. It truly got road hard and put away wet every day of its life. I seriously considered several brands before I let loose of my masive chunk of change on the two Suzuki's, and for me, it came down to personal priorities for what I thought the perfect Alaska, ATV should have, and features that fit my riding style, and work well in the terain we visit during camping and hunting trips: EFI, Single cylinder, 700 + cc, belt drive auto, indipendant rear suspension. Those five requirements narrowed the field to Suzuki, Arctic Cat and Yamaha. the Cat was over $1000 more than the Suzuki, so that one was out. And the Yamaha was an awsome machine, priced about right, good looking but........and I hate to admit it, but I will, the ONLY reason I didnt by Yamaha, was due to the poor level of customer service I have recieved in the past from Anchorage Yamaha (had a couple of Yamaha sleds). So I went with the Suzuki's, and I am not saying Anchorage Suzuki Arctic Cat is great with customer service........cause they aint! They suck.......but they dont suck quite as bad as Anchorage Yamaha. I was also fortunate in that I was able to try quite a few ATV that belonged to friends of mine before I made my ulitmate desision, including the 650 and 750 Kawi Brute Force, a bunch of Polaris machines.....and the 6X6 really had me interested for a while, a Honda Rincon, a couple of the Can-Am machines also held my attention and road well, but I dont regret the Suzuki purchase. I only have 800 miles on the 06 and 200 miles on the wifes 07 but so far, no trouble and they seem to be great machines. After trying all those different machines and reading everything I could get my hands on about utility ATV's I am confident in saying that you would be hard pressed to buy a new machine today, that is a piece of crap. I think there is now enough compitition between the manufactures that each and every one of them is putting out quality equipment, and it really boils down to the different features, styling, and cost that fit your own personal preference. More important than the brand you buy, is the fact that you actually did buy! And now have a way to access the places you want to see and enjoy with your friends and family!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

1995 Suzuki King Quad,,and 2000 Suzuki King Quad
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Nice Racks

If you wouldn't mind sharing your secret I would love some more info on how you build the racks for your 4 wheeler.

Thanks!

Wink

I have two 1984 Honda Big Reds. Run great, brakes work, has reverse, not the smoothest ride, but easy to get a one-wheeled drive wheeler unstuck! The 1983 is dedicated to parts now.

Been lookin to upgrade to a new or newer 450 Kodiak/Grizzly for awhile.

Tim

Two Cat 500 autos. They've been super reliable for me and I'm not too nice on them.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast