Thread: Hunter Ed classes

Default Hunter Ed classes

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I was wondering if the Kenai Peninsula will have a Hunters Ed course. I would like my 12 yr old son to attend as I am thinking of getting him his own .22 for christmas...? I have mine but just think its a great idea.
    Thanks!
    <*)))><
    <*)))><

If you contact F&G they should be able to tell you when the next one is.
    My daughter got hers thru an outdoor skills class at Kenai Middle School in the 7th grade.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Vance, did your daughter get it through an outdoor ed program offered at the school; was it an "elective" course, or a club, etc..? Just curious.

Tim

Default School Course

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Vance, did your daughter get it through an outdoor ed program offered at the school; was it an "elective" course, or a club, etc..? Just curious.

Tim
    At the middle school I teach at in the Anchorage School District it is offered as an elective. The course is called Wilderness Studies and covers a lot more than just Hunter's Ed. I would assume Vance is referring to a similar program, although the course name may vary as well as some of the content. I know some of the middle schools in our district offer the course but not all of them. It basically depends on having a teacher in the school with the knowledge and desire to teach it and an administrator that is supportive of the program.

-Carnivore
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Carnivore hit it right on the head.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default hunt ed

Fishgirl,
    call adfg and get the take home study materials. When they have enough to do a class, they have 3 hours of classroom and 3 hours of range time usually on a scheduled Saturday. Call Larry Lewis, 262-9368.

Default Thanks

I will do that, thanks for the input. I will give them a call this week. I think any outdoor education for our kids is a definate plus. Anyone know of any youth shooting sports around the peninsula?
    <*)))><