Thread: kingquad vs grizzly

Default kingquad vs grizzly

Which ATV is better? The 2008 Kingquad 750 or the 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700?

You had no problem in the other thread telling us why Polaris and Cat ATV's won't work in the mud...so you tell us which is the better ride

I've already told my Cat dealer that in a few years when I'm ready for a new ride I will be riding a Yamaha with power steering unless Cat gets power steering on their ATV's. After riding a Yamaha with power steering I will never look at an ATV the same way again. It works and it works very well.

I've no experience with the other but I love my Grizzly 700. I can't say enough about the power steering on it. I also have a 660 and I let my partners ride the 700 for a while to compare and when I get on the 660 it is an unbelievable difference.

Default 700 Griz

The griz 700 seems to have the most features. Yammy set a new ATV industry standard when they came out with the 660 Griz in 02. Then the Rhino and now the 700 Griz with power steering, re-engineered a-arms, etc.

If I were going to buy a new quad tomorrow it would be the 700 Griz hands down. But, what I really want is to replace my 660 Griz with a 700 Rhino
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    The griz 700 seems to have the most features. Yammy set a new ATV industry standard when they came out with the 660 Griz in 02. Then the Rhino and now the 700 Griz with power steering, re-engineered a-arms, etc.

If I were going to buy a new quad tomorrow it would be the 700 Griz hands down. But, what I really want is to replace my 660 Griz with a 700 Rhino
    Snyd,

I replaced my 2003 Grizzly 660 earlier this year with a 2007 Rhino 660. It is awesome and does so much more for me than the Grizzly did in all areas except for one. I really missed the ATV experience...so now I have a Grizzly 700fi w/EPS to go with my 2007 Rhino 660. I have a machine to haul gear, plow snow (enclosed cab with Rhinogear heater), and have family fun on and I use the Grizzly for technical trails and to have "fun" in the mud. It is the best of both worlds.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

AKMuddy, you're killing me here!! The ultimate combo!

My buddy has a 700 Griz on "lay away" and is planning on putting Tracks on it. He also has an 02 Griz modded to the max. 686 big bore kit, etc.

I have really enjoyed my 02 660 Griz though. Great machine.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Default Grizz all the way

Hands down, No question the best ATV I have ever been on. Will go anywhere, put it to the test and not one complaint.

Unfortunately the only way you can get this questioned answered accurately is for you to test drive both.
    Most opinions here only have experience with one or the other. Try to search other forums and find a person who has owned both.
    Tennessee

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I agree with SnowWolfe, your best bet is to try and ride both of them and make up your own mind. For me, these were the two to pick from when I went shopping, and I am confident that they are both exceptional machines that should provide years of worry free duty. That said, I went with the Suzuki for myself and my Wife machines, and have not been disapointed. the power steering on the Yamaha is a very desirable feature, and has some safety benifits as well. I however, am not one to "jump" into new technology in the first year or two of production. I will wait and watch and see how it holds up for a few years, with re-calls etc. before I commit to it. With new models of anything, I prefer to let "the other guy" be the tester and work out the bugs and defects. Of course waranty should address those issues with the Yamaha if the stearing proves to be problamatic.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default never buy the 1st year ANYthing!!!

like posted below..let the other guy test it for u..go for "the last good one they had" as it will go to beat the band " ie the 300kq mean to no end ..and not made anymore .....

I agree with letting someone else test new model machines and improvements, Yamahas power steering (actually power assist) is already in the "proven" category. If you frequent Yamaha forums with hundreds if not thousands of riders posting their problems with the PS, you'll be lucky to see a failure or problem and nothing much except very impressed PS users.