Thread: PWS Spring Bear

Default PWS Spring Bear

Just Trying to get some info on a possible Black Bear hunt this Spring in PWS. The plan so far is a drop off somewhere out of Whittier. We will have a Zodiac once we are there so thats how most hunting will be done. Just wondering Location? Cost? or any other useful info would be great.

The cost will be dependant on location, and that is up to you. In general, the further you go from Whittier the less company and competition you will have. There are bears everywhere out there, though, so grab a map and pick a spot.

Talking Get To Work!

Your Supv is watching
    If you are going to fly0out and drop off try Wells Bay and Ketchum Air that.s cheap, the best route would be to borrow my boat and go where I mentioned...............lol!

There are several transporters working out of Whittier. They generally charge by the nautical mile ($8-10?) Bears are all over the Sound and the farther you get from Whittier, the better, like Brian said. Here is a link to on tranporter: http://www.epicchartersalaska.com/index.htm I have known Brooke for many years. He runs a top shelf operation. No matter where you go out there it is going to be an awesome trip. It is a very special place.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.