Thread: I'm not really into "sunsets," but...

Default I'm not really into "sunsets," but...

Took this one yesterday along the road leading to Chena Lakes. For some reason I find taking sunset pictures boring, although I do like to look at them. This one didn't come out too bad.

Happy Thanksgiving

Great picture. Surprised that you don't like taking sun rise/set pics. The "fire in the sky" can be awesome at times.

That's difficult this time of year to find a good picture in the Chena Lakes area. Thanks for sharing this one.
    Lurker.

it's how you look at it I guess, I try to look at a sun rise as the begining of a new day and sun sets as the end of a day be it good or bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier1 View Post
    it's how you look at it I guess, I try to look at a sun rise as the begining of a new day and sun sets as the end of a day be it good or bad.
    Now that you have mentioned "sunrise," I saw the beginnings of several sunrises in September: for four mornings or so, I had planned to leave the campsite to look for moose before sunrise, poked my head out the tent's door to see how dark it was out there, and each day I noticed a beautiful bright pink sky at sunrise. By the time I had gotten ready to ride to my hunting spot, the pink color was gone. Next year I will just get up and leave the campsite while still dark, since it only takes a few minutes before the sky turns blue at sunrise.

Between the pictures that you have shared with this forum in the past and the discription of your September mornings...it dosn't get to much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier1 View Post
    Between the pictures that you have shared with this forum in the past and the discription of your September mornings...it dosn't get to much better.
    Thanks, Glacier1.

"RayfromAK"
    Really nice composition, color and crop. Beautiful capture!

"Glacier1"
    Wow, Looks like the second coming. Really nice shot and great contrast between the sky and the barbed wire.

I have only been up here for a short while and I am amazed at the frequency of beautiful sun rises and sunsets. One never hears this mentioned in the lowly 48.

http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Yes. That sunrise sure looks nice.

You can loose track of time watching the sunrise's, that is untill someone yells "Who drank all the coffee"

Thumbs up I love sunrises and sunsets.

I will go so far as pull of the road to watch the wonder. There is a spirit in the fire displayed in the sky for me. Here are a few shots from the amature. First is sunrise, second sunset...both over the bay.

Very nice, Bucknrut.

I looked at the second one and it reminded me of Summit Lake (off the Richardson Highway).

Question Sunset? Forest fire? The next coming?

This evening's sunset out of the Caribou Hills.

Thanks Ray. I really enjoy your pictures from our old stomping grounds. They encourage me to keep taking pictures too.