Thread: Best weather for Wabbit Huntin

Default Best weather for Wabbit Huntin

With all of the warm weather around Anchorage this week, I was just wondering if it will increase the activity levels of the hares. I was thinking most of the snow is out of the trees and they will be easier to spot. Im pretty new to the game and just wondering what the general thoughts were.

Ill be going tommorow for sure. It outta be a shooting fest! Im not sure if it will increase activity, but they will be alot easier to spot than they have been the last couple of weekends.

Best is right after a strong storm. They don't venture far when the weather stinks, and are pretty anxious to get out an about once it clears. Another clue is to get out of the wet bottoms after a rain. They're gonna be moved to the nearest higher ground.

little bit of drizzle and wind today near palmer but I got a couple. Missed enought to have limited out but had a blast!

There's a limit there?!

I dont have the regs handy, but im pretty sure 14A is 5 rabbits/no closed season

Default 14A

yes the bag limit is 5 per day no closed season. and depending on where u are hunting u need to be a 1/4 mile from the highway. other then that this should be great bunny weather. just wach out for the wet spots since most of the marshes and bogs are not frozen yet. I tried to get to my spot out on the flats earlier this week but, it is still pretty soupy. need a real good cold snap to finish things off.