Thread: Mystery Ranch Nice Frame system

Question Mystery Ranch Nice Frame system

Does anybody use or have the Mystery Ranch gen2 nice frame /pack system?
    They look like it might be a good system but is a bit high priced. I woluld like to hear from some opinions from anyone who has used it.

I now live in Bozeman where they are made. Im going to get one after christmas. They are a little pricy but its because they are made very very well in bozeman. If you have a chance to see one you will see what im talking about.

I'm headed down to bozeman in a couple weeks,the plan is to demo the kodiak with the overkill frame,and maybe the nice system with the 6500 ci bag which is what there trying to sell me for sheep hunts, and the overkill frame with the crewcab bag for moose hunts....

Default 2 bags

There in lies the problem. You are now talking about 2 bags instead of one. I would like to go with the 6500, for everything. That way I can pack all the gear in to the location & when hunting use it for the game & the days supplies. If I need to bring another bag its no better sysetem then my current one. It seems the crew cab alone isn't big enough to load all the gear into the field with so I see it as a great back for weeknds or lower 48 hunts where you come out the same day to your base.
    Let me know what you think as I am trying to convince myself I don't need one

I used a NICE frame w/ Crew cab in BC for my sheep/goat hunt this year. This was a horseback hunt and the pack worked very well. It collapses down to a small size and when you need to pack something, you can open it up and expand it to carry larger loads (hides and meat). It carries weight well, and I'm thinking about getting the 6500 bag for true backpacking.

Default NICE, but...

I've been considering such a system, but the weight of the package will probably stop me from ever owning one. By my calculations a Gen 2 Frame and 6500ci pack tops 9.56lbs. That's 1.5-2lbs more than most "leading" internal or external systems. Hard for me to spend more money on something that heavy, when I am dropping dough to cut 6-8ounces on other items.

I'd like to believe that heavier frames carry heavier loads, thus one wouldn't carry a GoLite pack or something to carry a backpack hunting load. But their has to be a happy medium.

Bryan