Thread: Anti-Hunters new agenda

Default Anti-Hunters new agenda

The anti-hunters are at it again....On the ballot is a bill to prevent aerial hunting of predators. Show your support, get the word out, VOTE.

From SCI newletter:

SCIís Alaska chapters are organizing with other sportsmenís groups throughout the state to help fight a ban on aerial hunting already placed on the 2008 ballot by anti-hunting groups committed to using the ballot box to advance their anti-hunting agenda. This is similar to a fight in 2004, where SCI members played a critical role in defeating a ballot measure to ban bear baiting. SCI chapters in Alaska received funding and support from other SCI chapters from around the country for that initiative. For the new campaign, SCIís Alaska chapters have teamed up with Pac/West Communications and have begun to create the components of a campaign and will soon be looking to raise money. Pac/West has asked for early contributions at this time which can be sent to Alaskans for Professional Wildlife Management, P.O. Box 4053, Palmer, AK 99645. SCI will keep you posted as this campaign progresses over the next year. (Source: APWM)

Default would it be hunting?

or aireal wolf population control?

Fight propaganda with propaganda... Interesting...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Ha, we had the operatunity to stop this ballot box management, but (the people of Alaska) turned it down. Now it's back to bit us again. Anchorage and it's non-hunting major population will again be targeted with lies and untruths by highly visable and deceptive TV ads. Also there will be no opposing view aired just like last time, and it will be passed again only this time more stringent. The anti's are learning and we are giving them the operatunities to keep trying. The people of Alaska are letting the antis do it so the people of Alaska are the only ones to blame.

I think last time the vote was close because it allowed (and sorta encouraged) euthanasia for predators by biologists, which is a more stupid idea than allowing aerial wolf control in the first place... Anyone know if that provision is on the ballot again...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Graybeard View Post
    Ha, we had the operatunity to stop this ballot box management, but (the people of Alaska) turned it down. Now it's back to bit us again. Anchorage and it's non-hunting major population will again be targeted with lies and untruths by highly visable and deceptive TV ads. Also there will be no opposing view aired just like last time, and it will be passed again only this time more stringent. The anti's are learning and we are giving them the operatunities to keep trying. The people of Alaska are letting the antis do it so the people of Alaska are the only ones to blame.
    As much as I hate to admit it, I'd rather give up my right to petition the government than to be continually assaulted at the ballot box by anti-hunting groups and foolish urbanites who don't know any better. The anti's are abusing the system; they don't represent the people they purport to represent; they see Alaska as an anti-hunting battlefield and will contiunue to wage war until they are stopped. I'd like to see another vote on eliminating ballot box biology, too bad Anchortown doesn't understand the issue and wouldn't go along with it.

Tim

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    ballot box biology

Tim
    I have been trying to come up with a term that says exactly that for some time now