Thread: 20A Cows

Exclamation 20A Cows

I got a buddy due back from Iraq and want to let him know where to go to get his moose. Anyone with some helpful info would be greatly appreciated. He'll be back (starting the 22nd, don't know arrival time yet). This is his third tour and any PM'd info will be kept confidential; other than letting him know where to go.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

If your talking about crossing the river on a snowmachine its gonna be a while before that happens, the Tanana is running wide open and todays 35+ degree weather didn't help the cause.

Default crazy people

I saw snogo tracks on the ice at the chena pump boat ramp, It's frozen all the way across but I think I'll still wait!!

Default Ice

I am headed to FAI today for turkeyday, and had hopes of making it out moose hunting. Talked to my buddy last night, and he said VERY doubtfull we can get across the river, bummer. What achange, last year was 30 below for turkeyday.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder chicken1 View Post
    I saw snogo tracks on the ice at the chena pump boat ramp, It's frozen all the way across but I think I'll still wait!!

Yeah if you hit the ice at 90 MPH you'll be fine! <grin> Never understand why some people do the things they do, but working in a Fire Department you see it regularly!

Quote Originally Posted by fishermann222 View Post
    I am headed to FAI today for turkeyday, and had hopes of making it out moose hunting. Talked to my buddy last night, and he said VERY doubtfull we can get across the river, bummer. What achange, last year was 30 below for turkeyday.
    It would take a braver man than me to take a run at crossing, but if you happened to make it across, I don't know if there's enough snow to the exploring that's needed to find the moose.

Default I have ben across

I crossed the tannana two days ago. I did not stop to test the ice but did not break through. My moose is in the freezer but I did see two cows.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

My partner got one this morning about 500 yards from our tent. Had one bull and four cows come by and check us out while dressing it out. I passed, one on the ground at a time is enough

Any recent reports on the Rex Trail?