Thread: L-N-R kennels

Default L-N-R kennels

Does anyone have any experiences with L-N-R Kennels please pm me Thnks

I continually try to educate folks about buying puppies. I'll post the info here, because I think everyone could benefit. There are alot of other necessary health clearances to look at besides OFA.

OFA Hips or Penn Hip
    OFA Elbows
    CERF (Rules out Retinal dysplasia)
    CNM- Centronuclear myopathy is a disease similar to muscular dystrophy. It is common in labradors. Dogs are checked via a genetic test to see if they carry the gene. At least one parent should be CNM Clear. Several well known dogs in Alaska carry this gene.
    PRA- Progressive Retinal Atrophy. This disease causes dogs to go blind at about 4-6 years old. It is another genetic test. At least one parent should be PRA Optigen A1 (clear). Again, several dogs in AK are carriers of this condition.

Other factors to consider, in addition to health, are temperament, retrieving ability and looks. Do the breeders do anything with their dogs or are they just "dog breeders"? I look for retrieving titles, obedience titles, agility titles, tracking titles, heck, even show titles....anything that would show me they enjoy working with their dogs.

I would wait and ask Wetland Retrievers when he gets back. He is familiar with all of the breeders in your area and would be able to give you some good information.

I had them board my dog for two weeks in 05. They were very professional. Rick, the owner, even started my dog on a whistle for me. The cost was very affordable. As for buying a dog from him, I havent done that. His kennel was clean and his dogs had a very good temprament. (Dont most labs though!) I walked away thinking that I might buy my nexst lab there.

I pm'd you.

I am still training outside. The dogs are really loving the water down here. It's not as hard. LOL
    I could get too used to this real quick. Heck there is still leaves falling off the trees.
    Well, I'll be back in a while. Maybe !!! Hmmm.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States, 106199619411091, Anchorage, Alaska

I was up there a couple weeks ago to look at a litter of pups he currently has for sale. There were 3 available IIRC. We ended up deciding not to get one, but they were really good looking pups I thought, very happy & friendly. The area where the pups were looked clean and well kept. Although, there were 2 pit bulls being boarded in the same area that were barking their heads off the whole time, plus a cat being boarded in the same area, which I would imagine was not too pleasant for the cat.

The outdoor kennel area was kind of messy I thought, but I would attribute that to the breakup-like conditions of a couple weeks ago. To his credit, he did have an employee out there cleaning things up. He did mention that he has most of his own dogs surgically de-barked, which is not something I'd ever do to a dog, but to each his own I guess ...

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the help put a deposit on a dog last week from Mary Oster.

congrats on your new pup -- I've seen pics of that litter, pups look really nice and the parents look like they have great bloodlines. Enjoy!

Thanks plan on running NARHA again and doing alot of hunting this fall.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Thanks plan on running NARHA again and doing alot of hunting this fall.
    Don't forget about IAGDA and the guy that steered you to Mary's litter - Ha!

Not to change the topic to much but if you guys are looking for a great boarding facility you might want to try TLC kennels 745-5380....once you've gone there your dogs won't want to go anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man View Post
    Not to change the topic to much but if you guys are looking for a great boarding facility you might want to try TLC kennels 745-5380....once you've gone there your dogs won't want to go anywhere else.
    I'd have to give another vote to Debbie, we have boarded with her a few times now and has been nothing but wonderful!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I boarded my dogs there for a week last March and thought it was a nice, well-run place. Since then I've taken them to Rabbit Creek Kennels since that's closer to where I live, but I wouldn't hesitate to take them to TLC again if Rabbit Creek was booked up.

Default Info re lnr kennels in palmer

Our male, Buck, is now 13 years old. He was from a litter of 10. You could not ask for a more sound, happy, enthusiastic dog. Tye, our 11 1/2 year old female has a quieter personality but maintains the same exuberance and intensity that make labs the fine hunters and companions they are. Rick's facility is immaculate. Our first visit was when Buck's litter was 5 weeks old. Winter had already arrived (it was mid-october). The whelping room was warm and immaculate. When we came to choose our pup, we were never rushed and spent a lot of time on the floor of the garage testing, playing, and deciding. Rick is the absolute best of breeders. When our two move on, even though we have relocated to the Southeast, we would seriously think of flying up and bringing a pup back. Thanks for reading this long one!!

I just got a puppy from LNR. He's a male black lab and was born at the end of July. The dog is awesome! Keeping in mind this is my first attempt at training a dog it is going slower than I'd like...but that's more the owner trainers (me) fault than the dog. I would recommend LNR to anyone. I wasn't rushed when looking at the dog. Rick is very truthful and never rushed me. Great Place. By the way...Jake, my dog, is doing great.