Thread: turnagian

Default turnagian

any new reports for turnagian pass? anyone been up there in the last few days? like to get some riding in over the turkey weekend.
    SlEdHeAd

Default turnagian

Ive heard rumors of it opening but when talking to the loacl shops today they told me no way in hell it would open due to the legal issues they would have to go through to get people out there earlyer then dec 1st. Other then that i really wanna go riding its goign to either be the hills or somewhere else depending on the guys i can get together...

Its still closed, I heard that is was raining down there and the snow was down to 2.5 feet. looking at the weather camera there were drops of water on it so it does not look good. its all second hand info and as much as you guys, i hope im wrong as well

Don't know if you guys have seen this site but is pretty usefull http://www.fs.fed.us/r10/chugach/glacier/advisory.html sounds like they have enough snow everywhere but just cant quite open yet due to hands being tied...

Drove the Seward yesterday and turnagain pass area is a complete mess. Melt down to asphalt on the roads, bare patches on the mountains, and raining like a thunder storm.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

wife is driving it now and will be comming back through this evening I will let you know what she reports.

Sounds like there was 25" of snow and a big dump got us over the 30" mark, but.. it started to rain and melted everything off the bottom of the mountain. Nice thing about Turnagain is we can get enough snow out of one big storm. Now we just need that storm.

Wife drove it twice today just got off the phone with her she just got out of turny and the roads and everything else are SLUSH. No chance of it opening untill we get the aformentioned storm.