Thread: Petersville Lodges

Question Petersville Lodges

Does anyone have the name (or web address) of some of the lodges located in/around Petersville? How far down Petersville Road is the main parking area? Obviously I'm not too familiar with the area but want to go for a ride and possibly stay the night this weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

I've only stayed at Gate Creek Cabins--big thumbs up!! (they're on the web) You can also get lodging links off the Alaska State Snowmobile Association website and the Anchorage Snowmobile Club website. Curry Ridge Riders probably has links as well

If I remember Gate Creek is at mile 10ish, on the right. The big parking area is at mile 12.3ish. They're are other B&B's in Trapper Creek and on the P-ville road before you get to GCC.

Here's some info

Local listings: 6 Denali View Chalets
    East Petersville Road
    Trapper Creek, AK 99683
    Phone: (907) 733-1333
    Business Types: [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Hotels[/COLOR][/COLOR] & [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Motels[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Gate Creek Cabins
    Trapper Creek, AK 99683
    Phone: (907) 733-1393
    Business Types: Cabins [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Cottages[/COLOR][/COLOR] & [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Chalet [COLOR=green! important]Rental[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], Resorts, [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Snowmobiles[/COLOR][/COLOR] Renting & Leasing
    Kenny Creek Lodge
    Trapper Creek, AK 99683
    Phone: (907) 733-1310
    Business Types: Cabins Cottages & Chalet Rental
    McKinley View Bed and Breakfast
    Trapper Creek, AK 99683
    Phone: (907) 733-1758
    Business Types: [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Bed [COLOR=green! important]& [/COLOR][COLOR=green! important]Breakfast[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    North Country Bed & Breakfast
    Petersville Road
    Trapper Creek, AK 99683
    Phone: (907) 733-3981
    Business Types: Bed & Breakfast
    Tokosha Mountain Lodge
    Trapper Creek, AK 99683
    Phone: (907) 733-2821
    Business Types: Cabins Cottages & Chalet Rental

Default Saturday

Tim,

A couple other guys and I are heading up Saturday just for a day ride. If you want to jump in just shoot me a PM and we can work out the details. It won't be anything extreme, we are just trying to find a little powder to shake off the cobwebs .
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Kenny Creek

I've been to Kenny Creek, and had a blast. Nice place, full bar, good food, etc.

Do a google search for them and they are at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    I've been to Kenny Creek, and had a blast. Nice place, full bar, good food, etc.

Do a google search for them and they are at the top of the list.
    I second that, I go there a couple of times a year. Very nice place

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Tim,

A couple other guys and I are heading up Saturday just for a day ride. If you want to jump in just shoot me a PM and we can work out the details. It won't be anything extreme, we are just trying to find a little powder to shake off the cobwebs .
    Since you are headed up that way, I have a couple buddies from Soldotna wanting to ride Petersville a week after you are going to go. Thought I'd ask around for them and save a 650 mile round trip for them if this warm weather has made it not worth it. Let me know how it is. Thanks

Thumbs down

Well.....after 4 days of 40*+ we decided to wait for another snowfall. I just don't see how it could possibly be worth riding after this last week. Instead we are heading to Jim creek for some bunny hunting on the wheelers.
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Petersville snow

Went to Petersville today and it was nothing to write home about. Still some snow on the ground, but it was mushy and spring like. Machines were running hot due to the warm temps and lack of powdery snow. The crowds were huge. If it gets cold we'll need some new snow up here. The current snow is so wet and heavy it will get real icy.

I plan to wait for some new snow before heading back.

AKMUD looks like I am not the only one. The bunnies are in trouble this weekend. A bunch of disgruntled sledheads with nothin better to do! I am gonna do my part to thin the rodent population in my little corner of the flats.

Sounds good, we will be at the parking lot around 9am. If you see us, stop and say hi! I have a blue Dodge 2500 and will be pulling a trailer with a 6x6 and a honda 300.
    AKmud

I didn't go today, suspicious about the weather. I missed the bunny hunting too, hope you guys did well!

Tim

We got 19 bunnies and had a great ride!
    AKmud

Wow, thats a whole lotta bugs-bunny to be gobbling down! Post some pics in small game!

Default Any good to eat?

I've never shot one because I don't know if they are good eating.
    I found out ptarmigan don't taste that good (the hard way) last year.
    So, when I'm snow machining should I blast bugs?
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.