Thread: Bow limb

Default Bow limb

I have a 1998 Hoyt Alphatec. It was my first bow and I really like the way it shot. Unfortunately, one of the limbs started de-laminating a couple of years ago, so I was forced to get a new one. Apparently Hoyt only had a 3 year warranty at that time and they no longer make those limbs, so basically, they told me the only way to be able to shoot that bow again is to find someone with those exact limbs for sale. At the time, I looked around a little bit for them, but couldn't find anyone that was willing to part with just an upper limb. I found several complete bows, but the owners still wanted around $250-300 for the bow, which is way more than I wanted to spend. So basically, I was just throwing this out there in hopes that someone has a limb or knows someone who does that they would like to sell. The limbs are the Carbonite limbs that go with the Performa Cam and are for a 50 to 60 pound bow. Thanks!

Question Idea

Quote Originally Posted by mjhamel View Post
    I have a 1998 Hoyt Alphatec. It was my first bow and I really like the way it shot. Unfortunately, one of the limbs started de-laminating a couple of years ago, so I was forced to get a new one. Apparently Hoyt only had a 3 year warranty at that time and they no longer make those limbs, so basically, they told me the only way to be able to shoot that bow again is to find someone with those exact limbs for sale. At the time, I looked around a little bit for them, but couldn't find anyone that was willing to part with just an upper limb. I found several complete bows, but the owners still wanted around $250-300 for the bow, which is way more than I wanted to spend. So basically, I was just throwing this out there in hopes that someone has a limb or knows someone who does that they would like to sell. The limbs are the Carbonite limbs that go with the Performa Cam and are for a 50 to 60 pound bow. Thanks!
    I would post the same thread in the classified section of Archery Talk...if you haven't already. Just an idea....

Default EBaby

I would watch Ebaby. Lots of things you would never guess appear on there.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thanks for the help guys, I will take your advice and hopefully I get lucky!

I believe I still have a set kicking around but they are the XL limbs at for 70 lbs I think. I'll see if I can dig them up.

Go get a Matthews Switchback, or a Bowtech Allegiance - Depending on your budget.

You will not be disappointed.

Hey Bowshop, I don't know much about limbs, but would they work on my bow? I just don't know enough about how interchangeable limbs are on different bows. If it works, I may be interested! Thanks for taking the time to look for them.

Marty