Thread: Cast Bullet Lube

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default Cast Bullet Lube

For a few years now I have been using Javelina 50% Alox 50% Beeswax cold lube in both my lubrisizers and it works fantastic for my handgun and rifle loads with possibly the exception being the really hot 45-70 loads that are running about 2000 fps. Is anyone using anything for high velocity (2000 fps) rifle bullets that seems to work really well? Also, I dont have a lube heater and would prefer to keep using cold lubes......... unless somebody can convince me that hard lubes and heaters are the way to go

I've used LBT and Appache blue, they work great with high patch loads. They are considered soft lubes, but I still end up warming up the lube sizer with a heat gun when I start lube/sizing, as my garage is just cool enough to keep it from flowing smoothly.

I use a home-made lube that is 50/50 moly-lithium axle greese and beeswax, works like a champ.

Thumbs up

I have made my lube for years both for BPCR and higher Velocities for revolver and rifle and then I was introduced to Carnauba Red from Glenn at White label lube .
    It was cheaper to have him make it and send it than I could get the ingredients here in Alaska and make it my self .
    My last order was 200 sticks , should last me a year .
    Here is the link
    http://www.lsstuff.com/index.html
    He will send you samples of his lube if you will pay the $1.30 postage .
    I think he has 6 flavors .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif