Thread: muzzlebrake

Default muzzlebrake

Looking for someone to install a muzzle brake on a Remington 700 BDL 300 win/mag. Does anyone know where this can be done and about how much will it cost? A friend of a friend had one put on his Browning 300 win/mag and man, it makes a difference. Said a guy in Anchorage, that works out of his house, installed it for $100. Just looking for some info. Thanks!!!

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Andy Hawk had done a couple for me over the years and he really did a good job with matching the finish (I only have blued guns). You can get his phone number from the phone book (I dont have it handy) and I think he charges around $100 but you will obviously have to ask him. If you do have one installed, I would sugest that you also have him make a knurreld nut to replace the muzzlebrake when you are not using it.

Stan Jackson is another great smith that can install a muzzle break and cap, he did my 458 Lott. Back when Homer Strickland was still working he did some of the best muzzle breaks around but I dont' think he is working any more.

One of my rifles has a break & muzzle cap Stan did. It looks nice and performs well.

I am not a fan of muzzle breaks, because of extra noise they generate, but it sure takes the sting out recoil. Makes that big boomer actually fun to shoot.

Default Cost of muzzle brake

I'm curious if the total cost is only $100.00, which would be nice. Most of the costs I've heard are from $175-$200. I think Vince Baldauf at Precision Arms does brakes also, though he might send them out.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Found Andy Hawk's number: 562-0881 give him a shout and see what he charges.