Thread: Thank You

Default Thank You

I had a good season, albeit limited by my messed up knees: it was a good season due to my very good friends and family. The best part of hunting and fishing is sharing the experience with the ones you love; to say the least, I had nothing but love all summer and this fall.

I spent most of last winter gimped up from a knee surgery and my fishing and hunting suffered greatly due to my limited abilities; but what I lacked; my friends and family made up for. I didn't have to carry a single piece of my moose (although I did have to skin it at a table), I didn't have to carry my coolers of fish and whenever I needed help, I got it. I've developed a new appreciation for the handicapped and hope that all of you will take this personal message of thanks to heart and lend a hand to those that need it when your enjoying the outdoors. I have to have another knee surgery this winter and hopefully it'll be the last, but for certain, I will always help those that need it now that I have their perspective of needing help but being too prideful to ask...

Thanks again to all my friends, family and fellow outdoorsman that made this year possible to feed my family.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Kenai Peninsula

Well said Back Country Robb...
    Like the scriptures say, do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. A good rule to live by for all of us outdoorsmen.
    Hope you next surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Eagle River, AK

I didn't have an injury this year, but I recieved more help in the field than I have ever needed or expected. I was towed out of the mountains when my 6-wheeler died, I was given a ride 20 miles back to Glenallen when my serpentine belt broke (where they waited with me at NAPA for 30 minutes and then gave me a ride back to my truck), and I was given copious advice in helping my family and friends fill their Delta tags.

Although the circumstances were different, just like Robb my season wouldn't have been nearly as successful without the help I recieved from others. Thank you!