Thread: Installing swivel mounts on a synthetic stock

Question Installing swivel mounts on a synthetic stock

Has anyone ever installed swivel mounts on a synthetic stock? I have a rifle that doesn't have mounts on it and while light, it would still be nice to have a sling from time to time. I've also looked at a sling that doesn't use mounts, but it ties onto the barrel. That doesn't really seem like a good idea to me, especially with a floated barrel.
    Chris Willhoite

Shouldn't be any problem at all. I've done several. What make of stock?

It's the factory stock on my Savage 64 .22LR. I've taken the stock off a few times to clean the rifle and it didn't look like there was much to it, but it feels sturdy. I might just take it to a gunsmith and see what they thin, but I'd hate to pay to have it done if it's an easy DIY project.
    Chris Willhoite

For the rear stud just drill a hole slighty smaller than the sling stud. Cover it with a good epoxy type glue and screw it into place and allow it to harden.
    For the front you may have to drill out another hole that will hold the nut which holds the stud. Glue into place. 30 minute jobs tops.
    Only difficult thing is drilling the holes in the correct place and the correct angle so center punch the holes first.
    Tennessee