Thread: Trigger Question

Default Trigger Question

I'm lovin' this rifle in .22-250 (and it comes in left hand!!). Anyways, on their site, they say all of their rifles come with a single-set trigger as an option making trigger pull 200-250gm. At the bottom, it says (Not available in the USA). Why is this? Are there minimum trigger weights in the US?

We have more lawyers than they do.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default yes

Yep, we have trigger laws, and lawsuit happy non-shooters out there. Its not so much a trigger "law" as in: it has to be X pounds, but more of a liability issue like: "this was the result of the trigger being too light" type scenario. Some companies are willing to assume the risk more than others, such as Savage (adjustable to very light) vs. Ruger (7 fricken pounds non adjustable)

Default Trigger

Because we live in a lawsuit country and companies try to cover themselves from civil inabilities as much as possible. Plain in simple.

so could you buy a single-set trigger and put it on aftermarket?

Yep! But the only one I know of would be Canjar. If they make it for that model and you can wait a year. I just gave up on Canjar for the long wait crap and use Arnold Jewels triggers instead. They are available just about every where. But they are not a single set trigger. They are the best trigger I know of. For a gun I'm going to bang around, I don't want anything under 2 and one half pounds. I have comp rifles with triggers set at one and one half to two ounces. With a Jewell trigger, it only takes a small spring change to make up a whole different pull.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson