Thread: 10/22 magnum prices are absurd!

Default 10/22 magnum prices are absurd!

Check out this screaming deal LOL http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=84847682

People are ridiculous. I remember seeing these at walmart and thinking , god 400 dollars for that?

Dont get me wrong, they are great guns. But these people are spending as much money as they would on a Volquartsen. Not to mention, these guns have a habit of breaking the bolts. And guess what? You aint getting another. Ruger will send you a coupon for a new 9622 after you relinqish your 10/22

You can come across used VQ's for under 800 bucks now and again. If you got a grand you can find used VQ's all day long.

I wish ruger would get a clue and make these again. They are good automatics after some minor part upgrades but certainly not 800 good. Makes me as sick as when I sold my 9417 for 350 bucks and a year later they are going for 900.00. I want my little lever gun back but I aint paying that much for it. It was hardly worth the origanal 400 dollar price.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I'm in agreement with you on the rimfire prices. I have been scouting about for a new one, and due to the fact that I am a total freak, I refuse to own an ugly gun.........and ugly to me means anything that has plastic, kevlar, stainless............well, pretty much anything that isnt nicely blued with real wood. And much to my dismay, it seems that quality rimfires are now about what I paid for a centerfire 10 years ago I am thinking about one of those little CZ's.........anyone got one of them? How do they shoot? Might also be interested in one of those old school Remington tube fed auto loaders that shoot shorts, longs, and long rifle.

CZ's from everything I hear are fantastic. I shot my buddies and I really like it. Nicely put together and its a shooter. I read alot over at rimfirecentral and never heard a negative about cz. People post some pretty impresive pics of groups that they have shot.

And they are usually around 350.00 in price.

I've had a LH CZ American 22LR for a little over a year now. Best buy on the market in my book. Folks around here are winning rimfire benchrest matches with the sporter! And they aren't that picky about ammo. Weight and balance remind me of the Winchester M70 Featherweight, so it handles and shoots like a good centerfire. Dandy for offhand shots at game. My only beef was the two-stage European trigger that came on it, but I changed that out. Can't say enough good about them for accuracy, quality of build, and good looks.

Default CZ

I have a CZ in .17 HMR, and can't say enough good things about it. It was a wedding gift from my wife, (with a little help from my dad), and with a Leupold VX-II 3X9X40, it is a shooter.

Jake

I had a choice recently between a Savage 64 and a 10/22. I went with the Savage and I'm pleased with it. It even came with a decent scope. The only problem is I cant find spare mags for it anywhere and I was told buy one of the guys at Boondocks that Savage stoped making them. The only real reason that I went with it over the Ruger was that I knew the 10/22 was out of production and the Savage was $50 less. It does have a syn stock, but you can get the 64 with a wood stock too. When it's all said and done, I'm still happy with my Savage.
    Chris Willhoite

I shot my buddies and I really like it.
    My wife glanced at the screen and read that and thought this was some kind of serial killer thread!
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

My Savage 93-17 will put 3 shots into 1/2" at 100 yds. I have never shot a more accurate rimfire in my life. And you gotta love their accu-trigger. I tried all the different brands and found mine likes Hornady 17 HRM with the 20 gr hollow point best. I've had one shot kills on prairie dogs out to 165 yds.

It won't do what my .222 Rem or my 22-250 will do but I don't have to spend hours at the reloading bench either. Mid-South Shooters Supply sells 'em for $8.86 per 50. Check the prices of some of the other outlets. All I can say is Cabellas is really proud of their products.

Dino

Picked up a leftie CZ 452 and I like it. I added an adjustable sear to the trigger and a lighter spring and now the pull is down around 16 ounces with no creep and slamming the bolt shut doesnt jar the trigger off.
    Very accurate as well. Not as nice as a Kimber or Cooper but it is certainly worth the money and most likely it is the best bang for the buck on the market.
    Tennessee

Well just shot my 10/22 mag with 17hmr barrel attached. It shot very nice. I was just using a 3x9 scope with heavy duplex reticle so I couldnt do any real long range or real fine work, but still at 50 yards was getting nice 1/2 to 3/4 in groups, Out of 5 shots Id usually have 2 or 3 touching with just a flyer or two opening the groups up. But I know I pulled some shots and those crosshairs were covering up alot of my target.

Most consistant and smallest group ammo was the Hornady 17 v-max. The Federal 17 grain TNT's did well too. The 20 grain XTP's were the largest groups wich is pretty normal for most guns, but still shot about 3/4 in groups at 50.

All ammo shot pretty much to the same point of impact. The fedral shot a tad higher and to the left. But everything else including the 20 grainers were pretty much the same.

Id feel confident in just putting any round in that gun and getting minute of rabbit head at 50 yards.

The gun cycled really well.

I did a magazine tune up last night but I feel that the barrel had something to do with the improvement also.

Don't overlook the possibilities offered by a replacement trigger. Haven't tried it on the mag version, but I've never owned a LR version that didn't shoot lots smaller groups when that awful trigger was pulled. I like to drill and tap a hole in the back of the trigger guard, then attach an adjustable trigger stop to limit overtravel, too.

This one has had some trigger work done. Still not really super but good enough that Im not gonna sink more money into it. Here is a pic of my build
    Hopefully Santa gets me a new camera HEHEHE

How much stuff have you done to that rifle matt?

Not much, Barrel replaced, extended mag release, Houge stock. Replaced bolt stop pin with a homebrew poly one. I have a extractor and a different bolt buffer on the way.

P.M. If you guys want to know where I got the barrel. They are smoking cheap right now.10/22 mag barrels only though. I found an outfit that is dumping them cause they cant sell them cause there is no more 10/22 magnums being made.

Nice rimfirematt, I am looking for a rifle like that but with the .22WMR barrel. My Marlin 922M is getting old from year round use.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Thanks, Got its first kill today out at knik. Ill post a pic over at the small game hunting section. I see that auction ended at 905.00! That is amazing.