Thread: 1996 polaris XLT

Default 1996 polaris XLT

just wondering if anyone has experience with this sled... looking to buy a used one to tool around on but mostly for backcounty skiing access in the hills around Seward...

If anyone has any feedback on the XLT 600, I sure would appreciate it... how it compares to the RMK, SkiDoo Summit, etc.... or suggestions for other makes/models...

... preferably 500-600cc, 136-144, 1.5-2", reliable, relatively light, and reasonably cheap (1-2k)...

thanks.

-"powder to the people!"

Default XLT

I just bought a 95 XLT Special 600 Triple. Felt good on open snow (short track) kicked my ass on the bumpy trail at Petersville. My back hurt for three days. I jumped on the 95 Vmax and sailed across the bumps. Sold Special and bought a 95 Skidoo Formula 670. Haven't tried yet.
    The girl friend liked the Indy Special. And she could pull to start it.
    Riverlover.

Default Don't do it!!!

JUNK! Had one, dump it. Rides bad. Uses lots of gas. Hard to adjust carbs. And really heavy. JUNK!

Quote Originally Posted by jockomontana View Post
    how it compares to the RMK, SkiDoo Summit, etc.... or suggestions for other makes/models...
    -"powder to the people!"
    It Doesn't! Get a summit and be happy. Save your money and get a REV chassis and be happier.

Pray you don't have engine problems.... They stopped making vital parts for the triples (like the crank shaft and whatnot) a few years back. Once the stock is gone you will have to go to the salvage yards for parts.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....