Thread: Turnagain Arm

Default Turnagain Arm

Took advantage of the few hours of sun today to get out of town.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    EricL

Eric: Great shot, always enjoy your photos. Hopefully weather is nice this weekend so I can get out w/my camera.

very cool photo! I like how the sharpnest is from the mud banks out to the end, looks kinda like a long tunnel shot with everythign in focus, very nice.

Oh Man, that's nice! I will be heading out that way this weekend looking for scenic shots.

Again, really nice capture.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Thanks for the comments guys. Boy, I sure wish I only worked 2 days a week and was off the other 5! I guy can dream can't he?
    EricL

wow, that is an awesome picture. not too much else to say

stunning shot ....

Very nice composition, I totally love it. I will say though that the foreground is underexposed by about 2/3 of a stop and the background is about a third of a stop overexposed, this is the perfect situation for a graduated ND filter... Don't have one of those? Me either you can fix it in photoshop by using the gradient tool and two layers with the correct exposure. I'd also warm up the image a bit and add a bit of pink tint (but just a bit) as with the clouds it is fairly cool.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Good example of an exception to the rule of 1/3's.

"Good example of an exception to the rule of 1/3's."

Yes, it does work with the horizon line in the middle in this shot, but that is helped out by the mountains breaking the line up too. Still, I would like to see more foreground, and a higher horizon line. Either way, it's a very nice shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Very nice composition, I totally love it. I will say though that the foreground is underexposed by about 2/3 of a stop and the background is about a third of a stop overexposed, this is the perfect situation for a graduated ND filter... Don't have one of those? Me either you can fix it in photoshop by using the gradient tool and two layers with the correct exposure. I'd also warm up the image a bit and add a bit of pink tint (but just a bit) as with the clouds it is fairly cool.
    Hey Monk, thanks for the tips. I actually have a couple of Singh-Ray ND Grad filters but forgot them in the truck that day. I am still very much learning the CS 2 but I feel like I am in the 2nd grade with a long ways to go!!
    EricL

there used to be a great tutorial over on fredmiranda.com for the PS thing... I forget what its called though... Basically put your images on top of each other with the correct exposures from the converted raw press m (set colors to black and white) and grab the gradient tool and drag it up and it should blend the images much like a split nd would do... It took me a few trial and error sessions to figure it out but you can get some sweet images this way. You could also consider HDR software but I'm not a huge fan because you can't do that with slides...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.