Thread: RKT clutch kit

Default RKT clutch kit

Anyone have a RK Tech Clutch kit or RKT Head for a 06 M7 they would like to sell????? Anyone every try them?

North2AK, I don't have either to sell but I do have the RK Tek Clutch Kit, Head, and the RK-Tek porting on my M1000
    The clutch kit was a big edition, why cat went away from the torsion to the compression secondary blows me away but Kelsey's kit from RK-Tek is the answer.
    I tried other kits and his is by far the best, the backshift and upshift were very noticeable right out of the hole. It really woke that sled up.

I just got the motor back together and have to get the Boondocker dialed in so I can't offer much on the head and porting yet.

Thumbs up

Thanks, now I know who to go to when I set it up!!!! Did you send in your head to be milled or did you buy their head?

Yea hoping to have her all dialed in this next week. Except for clutching.
    I think I am going to get a EGT guage to help read the engine, checking plugs and looking at piston wash on these laydown motors is a pain.
    No I just bought one of their heads. It wasn't much of a difference in price.

Be more than happy to help you if I can. I'm thinking this whole season will be a learning adventure with this boondocker.

When you put on the RK Tech clutch kit did you have to do a lot of weight adjusting other then the recommended change?

No, I was pretty heavy in the primary and ran a shallow helix. Infact I ran the same helix that came in the kit.
    With the 800 and 1000 being low rpm high torque motors a heavy primary and a shallow helix really works well.