Thread: Viewing pics

Default Viewing pics

OK, this is weird. Some threads I view I can see the pics that are posted, but on some threads, I don't see the pics. I don't even see a pic placeholder or anything...it just looks like the author forgot to attach the pic. BUT, everyone else can see them, just not me. Any idea whats up?

Ripper

If you are behind a firewall, your system may be blocking some websites. Most images on this forum are actually hosted at photo software websites. Could that be it?

David

I had the same problem pop up a little while ago. I am on a LAN and it was one of the local settings on my computer. If you are on a LAN try this....

Go to "tools" then to "internet options" then select the "connections" tab and make sure the box for "proxy server" is selected.

This fixed mine, hopefully it will straighten things out for you too.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Most people that have this problem are viewing the site at work where their employer filters images from sites such as photobuket.com. Try viewing them at home and see if you can see the images.

I am having a similar problem since the server switch but I can see the photo placards just no pics in them. This does not happen with every post just some here and there. I tried using mozzila and internet explorer and both do it. Yes I tries from home and work, work blocks some images so they come up as red x's. I also noticed if I am not signed in then the links for the pics will come up so I can at least click on them and then view them but once I log in those disappear and the placards are visible but no pic.

We lost some images that were posted in the mid- to late-March time period. If you cannot see images from PhotoBucket, etc, there is another problem.

Is the time period I described that for the missing pictures?

If so, the server move is probably the difficulty.

Smile

I believe that is the time period I was trying to look at. Had some free time and started browsing older post. Thanks for the help David.