Thread: Grizzly Sticks?

Wink Grizzly Sticks?

Anyone used Alaskan Grizzly sticks out of a non- center shot, longbow? I was wondering how easy they are to tune, considering the weight ranges they are said to cover 55- 80lbs. I have two Howard Hill longbows 57- 65lbs, and would like to find one shaft that might work for my two bows. Any hunters had any experience with these shafts, from a non- center shot longbow? Having one type of shafts on hand, and then cutting to different lengths/ using heavier broadheads if needed seems to me simpler than , say having/ needing different boxes of arrows. Thanks Bill
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Hey Bill.
    I use the Grizzly sticks exclusively now & love them. With simply verying point weight I can shoot the same arrow in my63# @ 26" HH Big Five, my 64# @ 27" Pronghorn (much more center shot), & my Fedora 560 TD recurve that's 59# @ 27".
    Not looking for another HH are you? I'm going to let my Big Five go. Beautiful bow.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Hey Bill.
    I use the Grizzly sticks exclusively now & love them. With simply verying point weight I can shoot the same arrow in my63# @ 26" HH Big Five, my 64# @ 27" Pronghorn (much more center shot), & my Fedora 560 TD recurve that's 59# @ 27".
    Not looking for another HH are you? I'm going to let my Big Five go. Beautiful bow.
    Thanks Vance, I love those HH bows but i"ve settled on two, trying to keep it simple. You won"t have trouble selling it they seem to sell like hotcakes! The best longbow for the money that I know of. Glad to hear that you like G.S. arrows, I guess i"ll take the plunge, and order some. Hope you don"t have regrets, after you sell your bow, I'm looking to grow old with mine, Lord willing! Any way keep warm up there. Thanks Again Bill.
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

boy if it was a wesley I'd snatch it.

No I've never shot them. still prefer wood. Gonna start doing foots here in a week or two, once I get this Canoe finished.