Thread: Guides

Default Guides

I live here on Elmendorf and was wondering if there are any guides that are located here in anchorage or around that you can actually go into or talk to someone there? So far the only ones I've found have been P.O. boxes or you have to call over the phone.

Most guides live out of state.

Default Contacting Guides...

If you would like to speak with guide/outfitters from throughout Alaska, you might want to consider attending the the annual meeting of The Alaska Professional Hunters Association. The meeting is at the Millennium Hotel on Nov 30th and Dec 1st....or if you have a few simple questions you can send me a PM.

The prior post reported that "most guides live out of state". Clearly incorrect. As of Dec 2006, of the 109 Master Guides licensed in AK, 101 live in Alaska, and 8 live "outside". Of the 536 Registered Guide/Outfitters licensed in AK, 473 reside in Alaska, and 63 reside "outside". Of the 1239 Assistant Guides licensed in AK, 751 live in AK, and 486 live in the lower 48, 2 were nonresident aliens. Clearly, most guides do not live outside of Alaska.

Dennis Byrne
    Alaska True Adventure Guide Service

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbertha78 View Post
    I live here on Elmendorf and was wondering if there are any guides that are located here in anchorage or around that you can actually go into or talk to someone there? So far the only ones I've found have been P.O. boxes or you have to call over the phone.
    My husband is a registered guide. If you would like to ask some questions, I am sure that he would be open to having a conversation with you. Let me know if you are interested through PM.
    Lurker.

Your going to have to call them and ask for a meeting. Guides are just guides and don't have storefronts that you can walk into. Most work out of a home office and keep a PO Box to keep the business and personal life separate. Lots of good guys out there who I'm sure would be willing to sit over a cup of coffee and talk shop with you.

Default Let's talk!

Bertha-

I am a registered guide and live here in Anchorage. My website is http://www.alaskafloathunting.com or you can email me at lostcreek@ak.net. I would be more than happy to sit down with you and answer any questions I can, regardless of if you choose a guided hunt with me, someone else, or not at all.

Hope it helps!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay