Thread: I need to start hunting in Anchorage!!!!

Default I need to start hunting in Anchorage!!!!

Look what greeted me as I walked out my door to start my car before work at 3:30am this morning.

He was pretty cool until I started the car. Then he got all pissed off and wouldn't let me back into the house. I tried yelling at him and waving my arms but nothign would budge him from my door step. I think he would have tromped me but good if I hadn't been hiding behind the car. Another weird thing was neither him nor my dog seemed to have any interest in each other. You would have thought them old friends.

Ha ha - One of those scared my cousins lazy cat when I was house sitting. Went out of the house and it was 12 ft away. Dang - cat took off like it was shot out of a cannon.

That's great. I love Alaska. What an awesome photo.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Seen him....

Saw him walking down the road the other day. Seemed awful spookish for living in Anchorage.

Jon

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Wow, I've had'em in my yard, both in Anchorage, and Wasilla. In Anchorage, a cow and calf regularly slept next to the house, but NEVER, a BULL with a huge rack.

If you're gonna hunt him, I suggest you invite him into your garage, away from prying eyes.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

"Honey! get me a carrot, a splitting maul and open the garage door!"

Just kidding of course

What would you say his rack measures? 48"

Josh you are not joking, everyday on the way to work I have to drive through earthquake park and I see the big boys all the time. If only they would open up hunting.

There are 2 I have seen regularily that are over 60" that hang out together, the 3rd is about 40"ish. for some reason these 3 dont leave each other.

Maybe some day...

Good times. I saw one about the same size a few years ago outside the Dimond Center.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Your local Advisory committee is trying to open up Anchorage to hunting, I saw a proposal tonight to do just that. The permits are authorized and there but F&G is refusing to issue them.

There is a similiar situation going on back home with hunting in town. Whitetail deer are overrunning the housing areas and holy smokes are there some monsters. Most people refer to them as vermin, on par with the rats and skunks since it is now impossible to grow anything but grass on your property. Sportsmen have been trying to open up a hunt for years but with no results. One problem is too many people are worried that some shot up deer is going to end up in their back yard. Archery is the only logical solution due to the proximity of houses and too often a deer will make it a few hundred yards before expiring. The other problem is that these deer have become "pets" to many residents who feed them regularly. Most of the people who feed them don't realize the harm they are doing.