Thread: jetcraft 2225 vs Hewescraft 22xt

Default jetcraft 2225 vs Hewescraft 22xt

In the process of buying a boat for use out of Petersburg. Any comparrisons on the Jetcraft 2225 and the Hewescraft searunner 22 ext both in hardtop would be appreciated. I'm well studied on the Hewescraft but know very little about the jetcraft. Thanks

Made by harbercraft, right? They make a nice boat. I have not looked at the 22 footer, but their bigger boats seem to have a more comfortable finish and the hewescraft seem to be more utilitarian. On the early run of the kingfisher series I had heard that there were issues with the integrity of the hulls. I believe they have gone to a .25" bottom now. I have never heard the hewes hulls having any issues. I ran a 24 foot hewes out in PWS for 5 seasons and loved that boat. It fit my needs at the time very well. One thing to consider is resale value. Used hewescrafts command top dollar and do not stay on the market long. Don't forget about 2 footitis, I got it bad...actually 6 footitis
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default jetcraft

Thanks for the info. Probably will go with the Hewescraft although the Jetcraft is a fine looking boat

I spent a year looking over boats and for my price range I loved the 26 Hewes extended cabin. Another thing I did like and helped made me go with a Hewes was all the extras that was thrown in with the deal.. All I have to do then was get the fishing gear.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK