Thread: Rabbit report

Default Rabbit report

Went to Pt. McKenzie today, lots of snow on the ground and sticking to the brush. Good for the rabbits, bad for us. Saw 2 and got 1, I won't go out again until a good wind comes along to blow the snow off of the trees and brush, made it impossible to see out much past 10 feet unless you were on a trail.

Yeah had the dogs out at Knik on sunday. The dog was on some, but I never did see any. That snow on the bushes really restricted the VIZ. And those rabbits were in some thick stuff. Hopefully this weekend.

Had the same problem yesterday. Also every branch I went under I ended up with snow down my back.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default knik

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Had the same problem yesterday. Also every branch I went under I ended up with snow down my back.
    me to we seen 4 or 5 run across the road though but we were eather going to fast or a car behind us
    Ron Paul 2008 RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTION

TRY JESUS

ILY

Heading out tomorrow or Friday... Been a long week at work.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I went to Pt. McKenzie last saturday and there was 2-3 inches of crunchy snow on the ground. After 2 hours I gave up. Saw 0 killed 0. I am not sure where to hunt Knik so it was just a nice day out and walking with a gun.

Went out on knik last weekend and we limited out with 4 of us, they were in that thick stuff and we pushed them with the four of us in a line. I think there's still plenty of rabbits for others out there.

Catchfish Did you cross jim creek? if so how was it?

Yeah we didn't cross over Jim Creek at all this was the first time I've ever been out there and boy was it a blast I'll definetly be back, it was a good break from studying for finals.

Default Jim Creek

Where is Jim Creek? Is it off the old Glenn Highway, then east on Maud rd? Or am I thinking of somewhere else, like you guys, wanting to get out and take the shotgun for a walk.

Take old seward and there are two ways to get there eitherway is probably good now but the trail off the road to the raceway is probably your best bet now. you tak that off the old glenn and a ways up you will see two parking lots on the right side take the first one and go streght back that trail till you get to the knick then head east and when you run out of land to drive on that is jim creek. I was crossing jim and hunting father up the knick but i dont know what the ice is like on the jim if you can cross it or not.

Default wrong way

try the old glenn then to the race way might get you closer then old seward