Thread: Recommend a shot gun sling

Default Recommend a shot gun sling

All,

I need recommendations for a shot gun sling for the trail. I have a Remington 870 Express.

Thanks,

Gusto

You've got two basic types to choose from, depending on what you plant to do while carrying it-

The slip-ons with a loop at each end. These are easy, but the front loop obscured the sight. Okay for protection, but not good if you're shooting game.

Then you can add sling studs so you can use a quick releases and conventional sling. This is more expensive and requires a little more work, but lets you see the sight and shoot game without removing the sling.

Both varieties, plus the hardware needed for the second variety are made by Uncle Mikes. No complaints from me on their products, either price or quality.

Default Stay away from Quake industries!

This was my Marlin 45-70 last August. The hokie little clip let go and pitched the rifle off my back.

I emailed Quake Industries about this hokie little clip and received no reply.

They obviously make crappy equipment and don't give a **** about customer service as well.

If you think I'm upset, you are right!

Not sure which little clip you're talking about, but that's bad. I've never used their products, but will remember your experience for a long time---- especially the customer service you got. Kind of reminds you of the farm definition of "service," as in having your cow serviced by a bull.

gus, I have the swivel type on my 870 the front swivel replaces the forearm magazine cap and the rear eye screws into the butt stock then you can put quick disconnect swivels and the sling of your choice, this set is as strong as a rifle set up, I've never had a problem with it check out the slug/rifled choke tube thread there is a pic of my gun on there if you need to see what it looks like. I have a padded rifle sling on mine with Uncle Mikes quick disconnect swivels

If you do have the sling studs, I love my final approach. Soft neoprene shulder pad with a strong canvas back, great hardware, and great tightning mechanism. Use them exclusively now. Under $25 -Charlie
    You know you aren't really having fun until you ask yourself -how much is this going to cost me?

I have Uncle Mikes rifle holster. I like it a lot.