Thread: AR15 Kit Questions

Default AR15 Kit Questions

I am looking to build an AR15 with a complete kit (already have a lower receiver). I have looked at M&A and Model 1 Sales. Does any one have any info on either of these companies? From what I can tell the major difference between the two is that M&A uses Wilson barrels and Model 1 uses Shaw barrels. Don't know much about the Shaw barrels but with the Shaw barrel I can get it in .223. Thats not a huge deal but am looking to make a varmint rifle and the .223 would be a smidge more appealing. Thanks for the help.

I like Bushmaster and Rock River for parts. I've got a Kreiger barrel on one that I think a lot of. I shoot NRA Highpower in Service Rifle class, so your needs are going to be a bit different. You might get more responses for an AR question on AR15.com

Iíve built 3 rifles for our family so far. I have always used DPMS, Rock River Arms, and a few other specialty parts. Bushmaster is good. Stay aAR15.com will give you more information than you can handle.

Iíve built 3 rifles for our family so far. Sometime befroe the next election, we will have 3 more. I have always used DPMS, Rock River Arms, and a few other specialty parts. Bushmaster is good. Stay away from the smaller companies if you care about wuality. AR15.com will give you more information than you can handle.

I just shot my DPMS upper I got from midway USA. It is a bull barrel, stainless flat top. 1/9 twist, 20" length.

I just shot some 55 grain ultramax soft points and man, that is a shooter. cloverleafs all afternoon at 100 yards. The bulk remington 45 grain Hp's shot a little worse but still not over an inch.

I might add that I was using the stock DPMS trigger wich is about the heaviest nastiest creepiest thing I have ever felt. IT rivals ruger triggers as far as lousy.
    Gad it was like squeeze, squeezee, any second now, ohhh i felt some movement, squeeze a little harder.....