Thread: Anyone here use a Serpa??

Default Anyone here use a Serpa??

I'm looking at picking up a SERPA paddle/belt holster for my Glock 20. Does anyone up here use these? I was reading around a little and they seem to be decent holsters. Anyone know if there are any dealers in/around Anchorage?

Thanks,

Jon

I have one for my Glock 23. I like it a lot, the retention device is well thought out and it's a natural finger position upon drawing the pistol form the holster. The only thing you activate to be able to draw is the small 'button' on the side of the holster. It's very intuitive.
    It also comes with the paddle holster and belt holster hardware, so yo can choose between the two. There are a few different angle/canting positions as well.
    For comparison, I also have an Uncle Mike's holster. I don't like this one as much, it relies on friction only to retain the pistol. It's a serviceable holster, but not as good as the Sherpa in my opinion.
    There's a bit of price difference between them. The Uncle Mike's cost about $15-$18, the Sherpa is around $40. So it's not a fair comparison in that regard.
    Another way to look at it......you ARE paying a lot for the Shrepa retention system compared to the Uncle Mike's (adjustable) friction method.
    As for the spare magazine holders. I prefer the Uncle mike's, for $15 you get a double magazine belt holder. It's around $20 for a single mag belt holder if you get the sherpa one. Not that I ever need to carry this many magazines any place other than the range, but there's the price difference between the two.

Sorry for the long response.

Take care,
    Mitch
    Last edited by SinglerM; 11-14-2007 at 12:07. Reason: to clarify one point.

Default Old post reborn

hey, i own a serpa level 2 from my hk usp compact, my advice is if you use it, make sure it has a belt slide, and to stay away from kydex paddles in general, they make it to easy for someone to come up and disarm you.

John

Default I use one for my 1911 and like it alot...you can

buy one at Alaska Tactical in Muldoon...

Oops. Never came and update this.

Picked one up sometime in December. They work great, and I love em' I use both the paddle and the belt rings, it's impossible to get the paddle off even if I loosen the pants, so I am not too worried about it being taken from me. All and all a great holster, and I would recommend it for anyone.

Jon