Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: here's the photo

Default Kodiak Bear Hunt Any Success?

hi, WITH THE DRAWING HUNT ABOUT 2 WEEKS OLD ANY SUCCESS STORIES OUT THERE?
    ANXIOUS FOR PICTURES AND OR STORIES OF YOUR HUNT. GOOD LUCK TO ALL YET TO GO.

I got a nice 8 1/2 bear on afognak 2 weeks ago,Seen alot of bears.We had bad weather the day I shot my bear it didnt clear up till 1pmWe where on our knoll about 2pm,seen 1st bear before we sat down,then another about a 9 footer,so I closed the gap by 400 yards,you couldnt walk with out stepping on bear crap,it was all over,found a sniper hill over looking the valley,spotted 3 more bears,1 was 200yards and walking right to me,the closer it got the more I could tell this was a nice bear,dark choclate,with thick fur,at 150 yards I was sure I wanted this bear,at 100 yards I let him have it,375H+H 2 shot game over,I won! When we seal it the bear guy said it was the best hide he had seen so far.There was 2 bears checked before us an even those guys that saw my bear couldnt believe how beaiutful the hide was.It was a great hunt,but to short only hunted 3 days.

Default Kodiak Bear hunt

Bump. I would like to hear stories and see pictures. How about it guys?

Pictures would be nice.

It's a small one 21 3/16 skull but has a awsome hide all long hair and no rubs. It will fit nicely on my wall. Taken on Kodiak at no-tellum lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Akonthefly View Post
    It's a small one 21 3/16 skull but has a awsome hide all long hair and no rubs. It will fit nicely on my wall. Taken on Kodiak at no-tellum lake.
    Very Nice, Congrats!!!!

Default Kodiak Bear hunt

Pretty bear there FLY, thanks for sharing.

I am trying to post some pictures,but I have to wait for my kid to get back from college,Iam a dummie when it comes to computers.I will get them as fast as I can.also I forgot my bear had a 25 1/2 skull.

That a nice bear,good hide.I love to bear hunt so they are all trophys to me.congrats

Thanks all I'll take this over a larger rubbed bear anyday. I did have a larger bear at 35 yards with my bow but he just wouldn't show me all of his lungs. If the hunt had of ended there I would have come home happy to have a large bear that close at full draw.

Default Kodiak Bear Stories missing

Great bear AKONTHELFLY.
    Great thread Roland, I have been wondering where all the great bear stories and pictures are. Not so many this year as last.

Talking double dippin

I've posted this photo previously, but you ask, so I don't mind sharing it again, if you all don't. It's a 71/2 foot boar with georgeous tannish blond hair. Estimates are about 10 years old. Spotted him after climbing to a high point from camp and then made about a 100 mile stalk (seemed like it, but was probably closer to 1-2 miles). Had to belly crawl for around 100 yds, and got within 200 yds of this bear, then we find that we're right on top of another's caribou kill. That bear decided to come and check us out and to say the least, it got pretty intense for awhile, thinking I might have to shoot him. That in itself wasn't a problem, but he was a little smaller and not as pretty as the one I ended up with. Fortunatly, he winded us after after circling us as about 20+ yds. and headed up a mountain. The other bear saw this and then he started walking up also, so I had to shoot at around 220 yds. I hit him through the chest, one shot, and then he rolled almost to the bottom of the mountain. My feelings echo Akonthefly's...I'll take him over a larger one anyday and I had that choice. I'm going to lifesize mount him in a 3/4 upright position, relaxed attitude to show his natural beauty. The rifle is an Uberti, open sights that include a smaller slotted buckhorn rear sight with a 1/16" red fiber optic front (.500 high). I just say it's a .458 short mag with a PB range close to 250 yds. Good luck, ciao.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Default here's the photo

Hit the submit button before I completed this post, sorry.

Default try one more time

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    Hit the submit button before I completed this post, sorry.
    This is why I shouldn't be allowed to play with sharp objects also!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice photo, bear, gun & smile.

Looks like an 1885 Winchester Hi Wall with modern sights. Is it an original? Did you put those sights on it? What are you shooting ...a 45-70 or 45-90 or what? Just curious. Nice gun...

Brian

...Maybe those sights aren't modern sights. Can't quite tell in the photo.

Hmmm...

Thats a nice looking brown bear Maydog! Love the fact you used a classic rifle to take it as well, looks like it did a good job.

Red face Messed up

Thanks guys. This post was supposed to be with the post in the Kodiak bear hunts success thread. It makes more sense when they're together and answers some of your questions. Thanks, ciao.

Congrats, Very Nice bear.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast