Thread: Hatcher's Pass?

Default Hatcher's Pass?

I will be coming home on Monday from the slope. very anxious to get the sled fired up for the first time this year. Any word on the snow conditions at Hatcher's pass? I saw the thread regarding Buffalo Mine road. Are there good areas to ride around that area? I've hunted rabbits up that way but don't recall much of the terrain.
    Gunup1

im not home, but reading but talking to my friends and reading the state website, hatchers pass is closed until it gets 30+ inches of snow. Petersville has the most slow as of now, all it takes is a good dump though. vance

Default Buffalo Mine

There isn't much room for riding in the Buffalo Mine area ... but better than not riding. Also, you can park around the Shell station on Palmer Fishhook and ride the trails from there all the way to Buffalo Mine area.

Quote Originally Posted by akprideinvegas View Post
    im not home, but reading but talking to my friends and reading the state website, hatchers pass is closed until it gets 30+ inches of snow. Petersville has the most slow as of now, all it takes is a good dump though. vance
    Only the wasilla side/independance mine area is closed. You can go to the willow side and ride. I am out of town till december but I heard the riding is OK at best in hatchers. From all I have heard it seems to be the same as akpride's info that p-ville is your best choice so far.