Thread: anti fog helmets?

Default anti fog helmets?

Is there such a thing?

A buddy of mine picked one up from nothern power and had no problems with fogging. I bought the same helmet and fog city, though much better then my old helmet.

Tought about trying the mask in the helmet to help direct hot air away and down from the shield. This is getting frustrating and exspensive.

I dont like the idea of using the motor cross style though I'm giving that some thought. There has to be something on the market though in a full helmet that works.....

I believe that there are heated visors that should eliminte your problem. I have never used them since I use a MX style helmet. I am sure others have more info

Default No-Fog.

Get a No-Fog face mask and try it. They are around $35 to $39 dollars and have worked great for my family and friends that have been using them also.
    There is nothing perfect out there. My wife uses the modular helmet and wears the No-Fog instead of the "thing" that comes with it. I use a sno-cross with goggles. A close friend has to wear glasses. He bought some percription goggles and the No-Fog and has had no problems. He has had very little problems with glasses and the No-Fog. Been best thing he's tried he says.
    If you are single and trying to look cool than the No-Fog mask will make you lose points with the chicks. But if you are married and just want to see while operating a machine at high speeds, you'll like it.
    I ordered mine on line but look around. Last year around March there were none to be found in the U.S. They are a hot item.

ya the guys have a name for those no fog maskes, something I wont mention on here . MOst of the MX guys were wearing them.

I have a modular style helmet and it wants to fog. Not bad enough in the day but at nite it made for some interesting riding last winter.

We're going out next friday, I'll see what I can find by then to try.

I dont mind buying another helmet if there is one that'll work well, but I've already bought two now, dont really need anymore. Sold one of the two, this last one is almost new.

On the elec visors, are they battery powered or run of the sled? I dont think my sled has a plug and was told if it did not to use it. Kind of steered away from them.

Anyways, I'll look for that mask and give it a go and report back next weekend.

I had a full face shield with an electric visor. The visor runs off the sled's power, like hand and thumb warmers, but through a special power port. When I got my helmet, I had to buy the power port wiring kit that plugged into the sled's harness for about $30 I think. It worked great until the visor got all scratched up (not the helmet's fault). A new electric visor was going to cost me about $100, so I decided to go with a new moto-X style helmet and goggles instead. When I made the switch, I had a fogging problem until I got a No-Fog mask. They really do work.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Default Bv2s

go to skidoo's site and check this thing out!!! great reviews, "the best on the market", which reflects in the price$$$ Mine will be here this week, I'll let you know how awesome it is. Good luck, Bob
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

I used an electric shield for one season and absolutely loved it the first ride out. After my first ejection from the machine (which I tend to do on a semi-regular basis...) the cord broke and was not repairable in the field. The cord breaking became a regular event and eventually the seal failed between the lenses and moisture got in, game over. The $140 I paid for the shield quickly became worthless!

I went to a MX style helmet with goggles/quick straps and never looked back! A good thin facemask under the helmet covers any exposed skin and the goggles are always nice and clear.

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default electric visor

I received a free used helmet when I bought my used snowmobile from a private seller. The seller said the helmet plugged into the snowmobile for a fog free ride. The seller never bought the cable. The snowmobile had the port installed from the factory. My wife bought the cable for $10.00 locally in Fairbanks last year. I am here to tell you that these gizmos work. I am on my second year with this gizmo and I will not go without the setup. My wife did have to buy an adapter cord as well, so the length of the cable is about 3 feet.

My face has never fogged up with this gizmo.

You all saw it here so keep your eyes out for the soepena when I launch my lawsuit cause they are gonna steal my idea!! Why not make the visot use one of those magnetic breakaway cords like on MAC notebooks. If you get tossed it would just come loose.

A good cord kit will unplug itself upon ejection of operator.

And I agree, when they are working it's great. But I use the moto and goggle style myself.