Thread: Rabbits report 11/10

Default Rabbits report 11/10

Got out there this morning around 9am. It did not take long to jump a rabbit. I do believe we walked a couple of miles today. I took the first three and was thinking this is going to stink if no one else gets one. Then next thing you know they are shooting all the rabbits and I'm seeing nothing. 11am we were done. We did jump allot of rabbits they we did not get a shot on. We did jump multiples rabbits a couple of times. Between me and my friend with his son we had a total of 12 rabbits. My other friend was there to, but he was just there to walk around. My boy was lucky enough to take two. A couple of times I spotted the rabbits sitting still Both time I was only about two feet away from them. Also had two that did not run but crawled. So right now I have a cooler full of rabbits soaking in vinegar and salt. Rabbit stew tomorrow night.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Nice goin' there, Buddy!

how old is the little hunter? I am working with my boys getting them learned on gun safety n stuff. Can't wait till they are really able to get out with me! Congrats looks like a good trip.

7 right now I only let him shoot the rabbits that we find not moving. I hold the gun for him. I tell him what to do step by step. Starting with looking beyond the target to see if any one or something he doesn't want to hit. Also teaching him where to look for the rabbits. He enjoys this. To him it's like hide and seek.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Glad the trip worked out good. Its always key to get those young people into some action or else they get bored. But man, you get a couple of weekends like that and they will be hooked for life!

Suprised of the no snow. Weather looked pretty bad here in anchorage.

Love looking for carrs bags in the brown grass!

You jinxed us. YOU said the four letter word, Now, as I'm writing this, we are getting snow now.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK