Thread: King quad tire upgrade

Default King quad tire upgrade

I just picked up a king quad 700. I want to put mudlites on it and need some info on what size tire I should get. I am going to keep the factory rims. Does anyone have any front and back tire combos they recommend??

Quote Originally Posted by willy39 View Post
    I just picked up a king quad 700. I want to put mudlites on it and need some info on what size tire I should get. I am going to keep the factory rims. Does anyone have any front and back tire combos they recommend??
    I wouldn't go over a 27" tall tire. You could go with 27x10.5x12front 27x12x12 in the rear. Might have to go with wheel spacer's, not to sure about the 700KQ's tire rub on the frame up front but spacers would take care of that.

I have 26's on both of our Kings. I would not go any bigger unless you want a machine that is hard to steer. Have 27's on my AC 700 and the steering difference between the two machines is night and day difference.
    Tennessee

Default King Quad

I have Mudlites 27x10x12 on front and 27x12x12 on the rear both with factory wheels installed on my 2006 700 King Quad. Little hard to steer in nasty stuff, other than that they are great. It will also fit across the foot bridge at the Ferry trail train bridge.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if you could post a picture of your kings with the tire upgrades? Also has t lived up to your expectations? Any problems?

Forgot to mention the first set of 26 inch Mudlites were mounted on the factory wheels. They didnt rub anywhere. But I do not think there is room for 27's.
    Tennessee

Default 27 Inch Mudlites

I have not had any trouble with them. They don't rub or anything. They are way better than the factory tires. I guess that they are hard on the ground, if I had to say anything negative. Here is a picture of my King quad with the 27 inch mudlites and my Eiger with factory tires.

Steve

Thanks for the pictures. I was leaning towards 26s but after seeing your pics and how great they look im going to seriously consider 27s.

Default Extra Inch

You will be thankful for the extra lift from the larger tires when you are doing the creek thing.

Good Luck

Steve

Thumbs up use the stock rims and no bigger than 26"

mug bugs will move the dead dinsaur s**t as well as real 589"s .the 589's also have a rim guard if u fine alot of rocks... don't forget the clutch kit!!! or u Will burn it! i have a epi ag kit in mine ...lost 9+ mph on the top end and gain'ed gops on low power& tork like all get out.