Thread: Silvers in Seward Update

Thumbs up Silvers in Seward Update

I just got back from Seward, had a nice day on the water. The swells got pretty big, maybe 10 feet somtimes, but lots of sun and you could find calm spots like Pony Cove. We kept 18 silvers between my four boys and my wife and I, we used deep six planers and #5 vibrax. My 7 year old boy caught a huge Ling Cod around and just outside the bay before my wife got seasick and we had to go back to pony cove, it was bigger than him. Good thing I knew the regulations before going because at the fillet station a state trooper who was finished fishing with his family tried to trap me into saying I caught it inside the bay, without revealing his identity. I told him nice try. (shady).
    Ran into a pod of killer whales, maybe a dozen? Some boats slowly went closer for a picture, then suddenly one guy with twin 250 mercury motors went about 50mph right into them and over them on purpose, it was odd. They of course submerged and did not return. That was rather bizarre.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Thanks for the update, heading ther on saturday.

sounds like you had a great time. But one thing I dont know if you know or did was when you retured to pney cove from outside you fished. Once you catch a ling you can now fish inside the bay again. Sucks I was in that boat lastweekend.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Can't

I'm sure that what Alaska Gray meant to say is that once you catch a ling, you can NOT fish inside the bay.

Default I'm sure that is ...

... what he meant to say as well.

BTW, I will be down there this weekend as well. Need anything ? or if you get into the fish I will be monitoring the radio as we search for them.

-- Gambler

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver
    I'm sure that what Alaska Gray meant to say is that once you catch a ling, you can NOT fish inside the bay.
    Thanks for helping me out. I fat fingered the keys this morning.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Correct

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver
    Yes I had the regs figured out by the time we went there, thanks. We caught 3 each first, then went out to get Lings and rockfish, but only got the one before she got seasick so we went around into pony cove before heading back.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.