Thread: Taxidermy specimens wanted

Default Taxidermy specimens wanted

Hello

I am looking to attend taxidermy school in January of 2008 down in the lower 48. I am looking for any and all big game animals to take down with me and use as part of my training.

I am not asking to be paid for the service. The only thing that I would ask is for you to let me displayed the mount for a period of time, which we can discuss at a later date if you have something you'd let me practice my art on.

The school I plan on attending is called Second Nature Taxidermy located in Montana. Feel free to check them out on the web before taking a chance on me. The school has limited resources to obtain Alaskan critters.

You can contact me via e-mail or send me an IM with your personal information and a good contact number and time for me to call you back.

Thank you for your time
    Tracy

Thumbs up excellent choice!

Second nature, huh? I know Bill well. He did a whitetail mount for me back in the 90's when I was in college. Does fantastic work. He is a true artist. I stop by and see him each time I get back to Missoula to visit the folks. He has the perfect set up for a studio with a view of the Blackfoot River. You WILL have an outstanding experience with he and his wife. Good luck.

Pete
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I sent you a PM.

pm sent to you
    AkBama

Default good luck in taxidermy

I know bill dishman also......he runs a great school and he buys alot of hides from me for his school.

Default Thanks for the replies

If I haven't returned your message yet I apologize. I've been caught up in other things, I'm hoping to sit down and replying to all them tomorrow(Sunday).

Thanks again
    Tracy

Ahh, my ol stompin grounds. I had Royal Crawford do a Bull Trout and a Whitetail buck for me years ago. He was down the Bitterroot in Florence if I remember right. Royal Mountain Taxidermy. Enjoy your time in Montana. I grew up in Missoula and lived there until 91 when I move to Fairbanks. My folks still live there.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Out of curiosity, Did anyone ever get a reply from this guy?

Exclamation Good Info!

Hey Tucker,

When you go out to attend school, are you driving or flying? If you are flying, get with your airline as soon as you get on the ground in Missoula, and lay on an over sized/additional baggage plan with them to get all your mounts back to Alaska upon completion. You can crate them all up right there in Bill's shop(opportunity for additional good to know skills!) I am here to tell you, It is a hell of alot cheaper then having them shipped!!! I mean alot cheaper! If you want details, p.m. me, and I will fill you in................

Mountain Man
    Be safe, and enjoy your time outdoors!
    Mountain Man

"I'm not here for a long time! I'm here for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!"