Thread: Help me find some Rabbits for my Son

Default Help me find some Rabbits for my Son

Hello All, I am taking my 12 Year old son on his first hunting trip tommorow. Anybody know where we can get into some bunnies in the Fairbanks area? Birds would be good too! I want him to have a good experience and at least get the oppertunity to shoot at something. I don't know the area to well yet so hopefully someone has some advice.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Default Rabbits

There are plenty of places to find both birds and rabbits down the parks highway. I did a short little walk last weekend and saw about 10 rabbits. PM me for some more specific places.

Check the back side of Creamers and the dog musher trails. Double check the regs about registering to hunt on Creamer's area though. I don't have a reg book in front of me, but something is nagging me that it might be necessary.
    Should be rabbits out by Olnes pond and the Chatanika too. Off the dike just about anywhere should produce some animals, especially down behind Tanana meats area.

Out of the back gate (badger road) of base, you travel down holmes road about 5 mile until it comes to a dead end, then you walk the trail;road, and they'll be popping out everywhere, i've seen hundreds of rabbits back there.
    If some of our teenage thrill seekers really want to go out and get a thrill.
    Let them go up into the north west and let them tangle with a Grizzly bear
    or Polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul -----Fred Bear

Default one more spot...

If you head down Greely way, stop out by Meadows Rd. back by the Nickle Lake, lots of bunnies and birds back there.
    Take an ice auger and catch some silvers and lake trout too back in on Ghost Lake.

Fun!