Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Auto?

Default Best Auto?

Was looking at new auto's and there was some discusion in the past, but could not find it? I am hearing the Berreta is the way to go? Thanks for the advice.

My benelli sbe2 is a workhorse, I take good care of it and it has only let me down once when i was using subpar ammo

My Beretta 391 shoots great, the only time I ever had a problem with it was when it got dumped off of the quad and landed in hip deep silt water, and mud. It only jammed twice that day. And I have never had another jam with it. It is a truly great gun. It is gas operated so you will have to clean it more than the benelli, but I clean my gun every time I shoot it so it doesn't make a difference. If I were to buy any other auto it would be the Benelli SBE, the Beretta is a little less expensive. If you have your heart set on a Beretta, you won't be dissapointed. What ever you decide to go with make sure it fits you, and have fun with it.

Default Benelli

Super Black Eagle II is an excellant gun. Lite and reliable, shoots anything you can fit in it.

Default SBE

I have had the same SBE since spring of 1999, I have put it through hell and still shooting. My cousin dropped his SBE to the bottom of the swamp and was able to retrieve it. After dumping the mud and water out of the barrel he was able to continue hunting with it. I love mine and would buy it over again. I have killed everything from Ducks, Geese, to Turkey and Deer, with it. It handles the 3 and mags very well. Although the 3 and Turkey loads are pretty rough through it. Oh my cousin had a fun job cleaning his after that episode.

Default Throw my vote in for the Beretta

My father and I both shoot the Beretta, seems extremely solid. In my limited experience the Benelli has to be taken a little better care of as our regular hunting partner will have his jam regularly if he goes overnight w/o a cleaning in a multi-day shoot.
    Good luck. After swithing to a semi-auto after growing up with a pump I must say I am impressed.

Beretta owns Benelli - Some food for thought...

Default sbe II

I have had it since they came out and it's never failed me,(knock on wood) You get what you pay for.

Anyone tried the new Winchester X3?

Default Baikal/Spartan

Three years ago I bought a Baikal MP153 12 ga gas auto loader for $380. It's a Russian gun. It is an excellent gun that shoots any high brass load, even if muddy, wet and/or cold. Will also shoot low brass trap loads if broken in and the gas nut is adjusted. This last year Remington bought the rights to distribute and now they are known as the Spartan 453. I bought one of these spartans at an online gun auction for my dad for $350 total! It's the same gun as the original, with a Remington Logo. I highly reccomend them, and at 1/3 the price it's a great deal!

Here is a pic of me with the gun and 11 birds between my Dad and I.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default SX3

I have an SX3 and love it. Just started shooting it this year...very fast cycling, not problems w/cycling 3s, 3.5s....loaded behind each other. It just keeps going. Gun is very light and hardly no recoil, even with 3.5" #4s.
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

I have a Browning Gold and a Browning A-5 but have been eyeing a Benelli Super Black Eagle II...From what I've seen, read and heard that seems to be the best working gun on the market right now.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.remington.com/Products/Firearms/Shotguns/SPR%5Fmodels/

This is the link to the Remington/Spartan website that has info on the SPR453. Take a look on gunbroker.com. I called 5 different states looking for the Spartan before I found one online. These guns don't have the fit and finish of the more expensive guns, but they shoot the same shells and they are just as reliable, plus you won't feel as bad if drop it in the mud.

Default Thanks for the input.

Still looking & researching. I see Remington has a new 11-87 XCR? I love the idea of the weather resitive coating. Especialy around the salt water. I have yet to find anyone who carrys this gun in AK or some of the Western states? Anyone have any field time with this one or the 870 version? Thanks, again Justin.

I Love my Browning Gold Hunter wouldn't trade it for the world! This is the most dependable gun I have ever owned.

ducknut68

Default I would have to go with....

1. SBE or SBE II
    2. Browning Gold
    3. Rem 11-87

And in that order.....

I would trust anyone of them in the field. Do what your pocketbook can afford.

(I would rather throw rocks than shoot a Mossberg!)

Default Amen!

I love the quote about Mossberg!!!

Default Sbe Ii

My Brother has one and loves it I have shot it a bit and it is a dream to shoot !! But that is alot of money.

Default benelli

I Have a Benelli M1 sport. It is a great shot gun, but I can say that I like to shot my 870 more. You just can't fix something that is so perfect. As for auto loaders I'm a benelli man.

Default Auto's

I have Benelli Cordoba and a Winchester super X3. The quality of the Benelli seems better, but the Winchester is 2/3's the price and cycles faster with less recoil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast