Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow report

Default Snow report

If you have been out, tell us what you found! - ?

A good link to see reported depths - Snow Depths
    Last edited by AKmud; 01-25-2008 at 09:28.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Petersville

Went riding in Petersville yesterday. AWESOME. Despite the flat light anytime I can go riding this early is a plus. We ended up going in between the Dutch and Peters. Snow was 3-6 feet! No joke!! If I can i will post a picture later of the "Hole" I found to prove it. When we left it was snowing like crazy. Also the trail in is the best condition I have ever seen. One piece of advice. Stay away from any water crossings. Even up in the mountains.

Default Awesome....!!!

I'm heading to Petersville tomorrow. Did you park at the bridge & ride back to the Road House...??? Thanks...

Default Petersville 11/8/07

Yeah we parked at the normal parking lot and rode back to the roadhouse. Here is a pic of PolarisBlake in his hole.
    Last edited by AKmud; 11-09-2007 at 13:23. Reason: trying to get photo to show....

Default In Deep

Great picture!!!! Don't you just hate that.
    Nothing like a--end UP!

Default Willow have any snow?

Hey Trail Boss, how are the snow conditions in Willow?

Default peterville

lots of snow good riding all over back in the hills no base at all a good 5 feet or more. swamps are good 3 feet. put on 70 miles a good day.....

Quote Originally Posted by polarisblake View Post
    Went riding in Petersville yesterday. AWESOME. Despite the flat light anytime I can go riding this early is a plus. We ended up going in between the Dutch and Peters. Snow was 3-6 feet! No joke!! If I can i will post a picture later of the "Hole" I found to prove it. When we left it was snowing like crazy. Also the trail in is the best condition I have ever seen. One piece of advice. Stay away from any water crossings. Even up in the mountains.
    You guys suck!! Blake, did you just get home tues.? When do you leave?

Drove turnagain pass last night (1am) coming back from picking up a sled in Kasilof. It was raining most of the way but it was a blizzard in the pass and 31 degrees. There was about 4 inches on the road at the top and it had all ready been plowed once. Very wet snow but lots of it. Hopefully it will stick.

Snowing hard in Girdwood, I have to go to homer to get my boat tonight. I will take a camera with to get a shot of Turnagain.

be careful in the pass they were plowing last night but they were not putting down any sand. If the temp drops that wet snow might turn to ice real quick. The rest of the drive should be good.

Default Buffalo Mine

Went riding in the Buffalo Mine area today. Not bad ... 12-18" of snow and was snowing hard when we left this afternoon.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...r/IMG_0100.jpg

My back deck, we have 8 in so far and still snowing hard in Girdweird

P-ville today had decent light this morning then it started to snow and the light got real flat. The trail is BRUTAL you almost need a kidney belt to keep your intestines in place. Good riding once you got in plenty of snow to bury my Mountain Cat 159".

Default Baldy

Just wonding if anybody has been up on Baldy yet this year? Was planing on going up there this week around thursday or friday. It would be nice if there is enough snow up there.

Never been to petersville, never been riding in the valley either.

We're talking about heading to summit, however it sounds like the riding condions over there are a little bleak yet.

So we're contemplating heading that way. Can anyone fill us in on the petersville riding, details wise? Where to go, park, ride, etc? Is there any good maps? It's looking like there will be 8 of us, all day friday.

I think petersville is around mile 113 or so up the parks. Once you are on petersville road keep going untill you get to a parking lot. Stop unload and head down the road. You will come to the roadhouse, go to the right around the roadhouse and prepare for the worst 15 miles (could be less feels like more) of your life! The trail is awefull! Once you break out above treeline you are good to go 3-6 feet of snow and it is pretty easy to find an area to play or fields to boondock.

Is that 15 miles of so from the Roadhouse terrible because of the present snow conditions, or just a bad trail? Thanks.

I am sure first tracks would have been great the whole way in. It has been throttle blipped and turned in to 15 miles of supercross whoops. You can try to hammer the gas and skip accross the top but it will beat you up. I am still sore and I went out on Sunday! It felt like my guts were being shaken apart. If your realy jonesing for some snow it might be worth it. Once you get back in the hills it is pretty good. The only thing is the whole time your playing it is in the back of your mind that you have to go back out the same way you cam in.

Default Caribou Hills

As of 2 days ago, there was 18 inches at 4-Corners. Trail grooming hadn't started yet, but I was told by one of the groomer operators that they would be running very soon.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast