Thread: "HUNTING REPORT" web page

Default "HUNTING REPORT" web page

I just caught this in another thread and went to look at it. I was wondering how may members have paid for the subscription and do you think that it's worth it? What have you used it for ECT.?

Question Where is the website

I did not catch the other thread you are refering to.

Can you post a link to that thread?
    Can you also post a link to the service you are talking about?

Thanks, Rod

He's probably referring to: http://www.huntingreport.com/

Personally, I think it is a great tool for planning hunts out of state or doing research on outfitters and guides. It's not the end-all, but worth the cost if are researching for a hunt in an area you aren't familiar with or outfitter you need to learn more about. I get the "email extra" subscription.

Default There are no outfitters in Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by DPhillips View Post
    He's probably referring to: http://www.huntingreport.com/

Personally, I think it is a great tool for planning hunts out of state or doing research on outfitters and guides. It's not the end-all, but worth the cost if are researching for a hunt in an area you aren't familiar with or outfitter you need to learn more about. I get the "email extra" subscription.
    Yah; if your researching an outfitted OR guided hunt outside of Alaska it may be useful.

IF your looking into an ALASKA hunt; a non-resident hunter OR a resident hunter with the intent to hire a guide........you might find this useful.

There are no outfitters in Alaska.........if their were; the "outfitter" is the registered guide and is only authorized to provide "outfitting" INCIDENTAL to the guided hunt.

So;.........unless you are looking for a guided hunt in ALASKA; forget about it.
    Last edited by AVALANCHE; 11-09-2007 at 14:41. Reason: left out a word

Default Thats it

I just like reading info and thought that it might be worth something but the 60 bucks seemed high.

Your off the mark, AVALANCHE.
    Any registered guide can offer "outfitted" hunts to any one willing to pony up the money. Several guides in this state do just that. These hunts do not use any guide services and are often cheaper than a "guided" hunt. The outfitting can be completely seperate from the guiding biz.
    Probably most guidesare busy enough with their guided clients that they do not offer outfitting. But some do and specifically advertise that. Look around, there are outfitted hunts available in Alaska.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Your off the mark, AVALANCHE.
    Any registered guide can offer "outfitted" hunts to any one willing to pony up the money. Several guides in this state do just that. These hunts do not use any guide services and are often cheaper than a "guided" hunt. The outfitting can be completely seperate from the guiding biz.
    Probably most guidesare busy enough with their guided clients that they do not offer outfitting. But some do and specifically advertise that. Look around, there are outfitted hunts available in Alaska.
    MartenTrapper; So, you agree that outfitting and guiding are two separate economic enterprises.

There is no class of outfitter license. There is no provision in the current regulations for anyone to provide "outfitting" services to hunters unless those same hunters are guided.

Because people are doing something does not make it a legal operation.

A registered guide can not legally advertise and/or provide any "outfitting" services in the field to a client unless the "service" is incidental to the guided hunt.

I subscribe to it. It is for the travelling hunter. In addition to maintaining a database of hunters reports, they also report on changing and developing conditions. Things like instability of certain countries, import/export issues, domestic anti-hunter actions, unusual changing game populations, etc. Their publications list the good and bad hunting reports. They do followup on some of the worst reported problems. I remember a number of things on Alaskan issues within the last year.

If you are thinking about a couple of major upcoming hunts it might be worth it. I think it best serves the international hunter but it has good stuff for the domestic hunter also.

The hunting report ROCKS!!!!! If you are planning an out of state or international hunt its well worth it. You also get access to an excellent database and a report that is published monthly. Also good articles, its cheaper if you get the subscription then paying for each article.