Thread: Large Single Stage Reloading Presses

Default Large Single Stage Reloading Presses

Anyone use a Redding Big Boss or UltraMag press? I am looking for something a bit taller than my RS-5 press for .375 H&H and RUM cases.

http://www.huntingtons.com/reloadingpresses.html

Look at 88703 further down the page, A bunch cheaper than the Redding.

Vary sturdy press.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I'm very happy with my Redding Beeg Boss.

It's mighty good for sizing mighty Magnum cartridges.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Lee

I picked up a Lee Anniversary Kit this past summer. I use it for the 375 H & H. It works like a charm. Collet dies give me great results. I loaded up a batch of 100 in a little over an hour. If you reload more then that I might go with something else if you are in a time crunch.

Ron

Default Ammomaster

Ditto on Big Al's suggestion, the Ammomaster is a great press for large calibers, way overengineered for longevity.

A turret press such as the T-7 is much of s single stage, except that it holds 7 dies on the turret. Isn't the T-7 tall and strong enough to load large magnum cases?

The RUM length cases are a pain for length in the old Rockchucker, just barely enough room. I use a collet type seating die so it has not been a problem for me. I can sure see where it is a problem for anyone useing standard dies. I thought that my old RCBS A-2 would be just the ticket, wrong.

Anyone working with the RUM and longer, really do need a bigger press.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Anyone working with the RUM and longer, really do need a bigger press.
    That's what I was thinking. That thing looks HUGE. I think Great Northern Guns has one on display. I will have to run over there and check it out.

Anyone heard of the No. 444, 4-Station 'H' Press from CH4D? Here's a link: ch4d. That press looks interesting, and it's supposed to handle cases up to 4" in length.

Yes Dan, any less than that 4" would be pinch the fingers time when seating bullets. The down side to the progresive style such as this is of course you can not afford any DISTRCTIONS, they leed to trouble.