Thread: ATV Hand/Thumb Warmers

Default ATV Hand/Thumb Warmers

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking for a good set of these and would appreciate your opinions good/bad on particular brands. I definetly want a pair with the thumb warmer and of high quality. Thanks!

I have the symtec dual zone. It has the grips and thumb warmer with a single controler. I have had some problems with it but the company has been good about sending replacement parts. The moister here in Kodiak is tough on the controler.

Default Go with the company brand...

My 2cents is to go with the accessories offered by the maker of your ATV. I have used two different grip warmers, the second being those offered by Bombardier. They are head and shoulders better than the "Hot Grips" that they replaced. They have a harness that snaps right into place and a switch that is easy to put in the right spot. The instructions were easy and I'll bet that they were finished in 20-25minutes. I did both the grips and the thumb warmer and couldn't be more pleased. Save time and money by doing it right the first time...

IceKing02

Default Cabela's

I got the ones from Cabelas. My only concern is that I believe my stock battery wasn't able to recover from using the winch and heated grips for an hour or two while plowing. I think leaving my wheeler outside at -40 to -60 doesn't help the battery any either, or the fact that my kids turn the heated grips on everytime they touch the da'gone wheeler.
    Anyway, they work great when the battery's good. Just put in a heavier duty Excide battery - still think it's a problem of recovery and this battery will eventually drain too, but it'll take longer than the stock one did.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I bought a set of Arctic Cat grips and thumb heaters from Anchorage Suzuki and installed them on my Suzuki King Quad. Installation was easy and they work great. I had to buy the grip glue from Go-Pro though as Anchorage Suzuki didnt have any. I have had them on for over a year now and no problems so far. On high, they get hot enough that you cant hold onto the grip without gloves. The Arctic Cat heaters are the kind that glues to the bar, and then you slide the grips on over them. So you could buy a replacement set of grips from you original ATV manufacturer and use them if you object to looking at the words "Arctic Cat" on your bars.

When we bought our Hondas we had the dealership throw them in for free, they are only the hot grips without the thumbwarmers but I don't think I could ever ride an atv without them.

Hint: don't use grip glue. Buy a tube of that black high temp silicone sealant. Gives you a really long working time and it will harden overnight. Been using it for years on my snowmobile heated grips and it has never loosened.
    BTY, I plan on installing heated grips on all my atv's. Absolutely worth the money.
    Tennessee

I had the Moose hand/thumber warmer combo on my brute force. They worked great, at the highest setting my hands would sweat at -30*. My only complaint is the LEDS on the settings module were very bright at night.

Sometimes people have trouble pushing the handwarmers onto the tube. Make sure the handle bars are greased up with WD-40 and then ram the handwarmers on the tube. If they don't go on all the way, turn on the handwarmer at the highest setting, after 30 minutes you can twist them on.

Any atv used in the winter time needs a hand/thumb warmer.

The moose hand / thumb warmers are great. They have 5 temp settings for the hand grips and a separate 5 temp settings for the thumb. I normaly run the hand grips at 3 and the thumb at 2 right down to temps of -25. If you hold both the select and temp buttons at the same time you can change the brightness of the LED's from high to low for night driving. Last years model did not have setting memory so if you turned off the power you would have to rest the temps. Not so with this years design. The controller looks exactly the same but it has memory, so each time you turn the power on they automatically come on to where you had them last set.