Thread: Pearson Spoiler

Default Pearson Spoiler

Hi guys... and gals...

This is my first post on the archery forum. I usually annoy people on the hunting forum (nyuk nyuk).....

I'm a semi-serious bow hunter. I bought a Pearson Spoiler in about 91' for whitetail deer, here in Minnesota. I shoot it pretty well out to 25 yards but have never taken a deer it. I put bow hunting on the back burner in favor of my love of rifle season. Anywhoo, I am bringing it to Alaska with me, and would like to "finally" put it to use.
    I have found the bow to be very dependable and easy to shoot well out to 25 yards. I have read some less than flattering opinions of the bow, but like rifles and handguns I rather take them with a grain of salt.
    My question (finally!!) is this: Is a bow this light (75lb) of any use in Alaska? I have it cranked down to 60lb for whitetail (chrono's at 250 fps with the following:
    overdraw.....easton XX75 2213's (cut down to 24")
    85 gr broadhead.....
    hydralic stabilizer....

What, if any changes need to be made, or do I start over? There are no (small) deer in my area of Alaska (north north south central)... unless you count newly born moose calves!!!
    I plan on hunting bout everything!!!
    Any advice?

Thanks....

reuben....

You will be good with what you have except I would go with a heavier arrow and broadhead. Also you should practice a bit more to become better at more than 25 yards.

Question whitetail setup

Yup... I know the shafts are a bit light but I put the rig together with whitetails in mind. I only hunted a few seasons with it and never got a good unobstructed view to get a shot. I would have trouble seeing 25 yards here in Minn, and most my friends have taken their deer in fewer than 15 yards.

I'm wondering how the overdraw will affect a heavier arrow/broadhead (and visa-versa).....
    Using it the way the pro shop set it up for deer its a very accurate bow. Any suggestions on an arrow? I don't want to lose the overdraw if I don't have to... How long an arrow could I get away with before the overdraw becomes a needless accessory?