Thread: Best outfitters in TOK

Default Best outfitters in TOK

I am probably going to apply for some sheep and moose hunts this year in AK and might list TOK as a 3rd choice, but I need a client service agreement to apply. I have not researched who is good in the area so I looking for some ideas who to look at.

Thanks

Default 40 mile air

Call Leif at 40 mile, great service.

Steve

Default Matt Snyder

Matt Snyder of Alaska Hunting Adventures.. I'm sure Leif will vouch for him as well.. He's a lifetime Alaskan if that means anything to you and grew up out there and still lives out there. He does airial wolf hunting out there as well in the winter to help the sheep out. Good guy all the way around.

Default M&M

Great service
    That is a terrible permit, by the way. Tell everyone!

Thanks guys, 40 mile cannot guide me since I am NR I thought? Great rep but only a transporter or am I wrong?

Default 40-mile

40 mile is a transporter only, however many guides use his service. I'm sure he could put you in touch with the right people.

Steve

Hey Don,

Try deltana outfitters.... If nothing else they can recommend someone I'm sure.

Thanks guys I usually research things for years and this time time is tight, but with low odds I probably will not draw anyway but gotta plan. I am going to hunt POW for spring bear so since I am buying a license in 2008 anyway might as well apply for moose and sheep. Do not worry tough in the lower 48 I have drawn 2 tags in 8 years, will 20-30 apps per year!

Keep the ideas coming. Good idea about calling 40 mile, I have spoken with him before and he has always been honest and upfront.

Do outiftters registered in this area have a certain area they have to hunt and no other outfitter can hunt that area? I am still trying to figure out how all that works. Down here in the national forest permits do not always overlap, so if you find an area you want to hunt and want a guide you typically only get one choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DonV View Post
    Thanks guys I usually research things for years and this time time is tight, but with low odds I probably will not draw anyway but gotta plan. I am going to hunt POW for spring bear so since I am buying a license in 2008 anyway might as well apply for moose and sheep. Do not worry tough in the lower 48 I have drawn 2 tags in 8 years, will 20-30 apps per year!

Keep the ideas coming. Good idea about calling 40 mile, I have spoken with him before and he has always been honest and upfront.

Do outiftters registered in this area have a certain area they have to hunt and no other outfitter can hunt that area? I am still trying to figure out how all that works. Down here in the national forest permits do not always overlap, so if you find an area you want to hunt and want a guide you typically only get one choice.
    In that particular part of the state, some guides have the exclusive on the areas they hunt. No other guide is allowed to participate. That being on Federal lands. Those hunting on state lands share with any other guide(s) that wants and is licensed for that unit. Most guides know where they are allowed to guide you. But you can verify that with the State before you actually book with them and give them money. Wise thing to do, I might add.