Thread: Has a new reg. from a private citizen ever been enacted

Default Has a new reg. from a private citizen ever been enacted

I have a question has there ever been a hunting regulation ever been enacted by the Board of Game that did not come from ADF&G or Advisory commitee? Just an average guy or group of guys that came up with change wrote it up and the board enacted it.

Yup I put in a proposal to allow the use of shotguns in the eagle river managment area and it passed...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

It's not uncommon for a private citizen's proposal to pass. Just last year a kid (12 years old?) proposed a beaver trapping season in Chugiak and got it passed.

Private proposals are totally possible, but for the best chances of getting it to pass I hear that it really helps to get the local advisory boards to support your proposal in writing.

Default Cool

Thats great thanks for the info

Just don't tread on the sacred grounds of "guides" and you have a shot at it.

Some years ago (93 I think) I suggested that the maps in the regs include the adjacent GMU numbers so you knew what GMU to go to when your research/planning wandered across the imaginary line.

A couple years ago I made the proposal that Black Bears be reclassified as fur bearers so the hides could be sold. They tabled the proposal, which means they will look at it again during another cycle. Last year they did make it possiable to sell some hides, (I think they were waiting to see if there would be a backlash from the antis). This year someone is proposing that we be allowed to trap Black Bears.

While anyone can put in any proposal, it is best to get the support of your local Advisory Commitee. The next meeting of the Fairbanks Advisory commitee is Dec 5th, 7PM at Pikes Water Front Lodge. In the Copper room. Last meeting we had a big turnout, and things got hot pertaining to some issues. So everyone in the Fairbanks area come on out.